3| America

Lana's POV

Pilot on speaker: Attention everyone, we have about 10 minutes until landing. Please make sure to fasten your seatbelt tightly so you don't go face planting into the chair in front of you. Thank you.

"Mmm," has that much time already passed? Wow, I've been asleep for ten and a half hours. I mean, that's quite normal for me, but on an uncomfortable plane seat that won't let me recline back so I don't squish the person behind me? I think I'm superhuman.

Are public plane seats always this uncomfortable? If so, I'm impressed how anyone can sit/sleep in a seat like this for so long.

"Hey, Lana. You awake now?"

I jolt awake. "Fuck! You two scared the shit out of me! I forgot you were here." I've gotten so used to sleeping alone that waking up with people around me is weird. I don't like it.

They both look at me with blank stares. "Woww, so you can just forget about us that easily?" The faces they're wearing show that they're not amused by my actions.

"Oops," a cheeky smile spreads across my face. "Sorry, not sorry."

They both roll their eyes at the same time. Twins.

There's silence for a couple of seconds before something disturbs it.

Meow.

My eyes widen. Shit.

Both twins look at me with raised eyebrows. I smile sheepishly.

"What? I couldn't just leave Cheddar alone. She's my partner in crime." I say shrugging my shoulders in nonchalance and pick up my backpack to put it on my lap. It was sitting on the floor in front of me. I open the zipper up a bit more than I left it open and smile sweetly at my precious baby. "Hey, Cheddar. Sorry for falling asleep on you. I'm sure you remember and understand that I always wake up late at home, don't you?"

She meows in response. I glance at Zane and Zion and they look at me with a weird look. They can judge all they want. Not like I care.

The plane starts to level out of the steep down angle we were going at, which means that we are going to land soon.

Pilot on speaker: Everyone, if I may grab your attention, please. We are about to land, so, again, please double check your seatbelts and get ready for landing. Thank you.

Okay, then.

The plane bounces a little with impact when we land on the runway, and I wish I could take a proper look out one of the windows, but I can only see at an angle from other people's seats. Oh well.

Thirty minutes later...

I've already been waiting fifteen minutes for my luggage to come out of the conveyor belt and it's still not here. Unbelievable. If this is how it is every time you have to fly publicly, then I never want to do it again. It's too tiring anyway.

Zane and Zion already have their suitcases and are patiently waiting for me to get mine. They're too busy on their phones, though, to pay attention.

Fifteen minutes later...

"God, does it always take that long just to get your suitcase? That's so annoying." I've been whining and complaining for the past five minutes because I had to wait another fifteen minutes for my luggage. Thirty minutes waiting for my luggage! Ridiculous.