His Talks

We were a thing.
...

The quick change in the setting was a mess for both to absorb as soon as they could

The quick change in the setting was a mess for both to absorb as soon as they could. As they lay on the bed in the darkness, he looked at his sides to see where she was.

Y/N was undoubtedly beautiful; he had no arguments with it, but the fact that annoyed him most was her falling behind when it came to talks. He wasn't fond of all the nods and gestures one made to avoid a word-to-word conversation, but here he was.

There was a shift on the bed as she faced him. Y/N couldn't fall asleep either. The sudden change in the bed and surroundings was getting hard for her to grasp. She lightly pushed herself back, as she could sense her being watched. His words from earlier still circling around her head.

She was someone who played words more than they were intended, which was the main reason behind her creating her own insecurities on a day-to-day basis.

"You need to act like we knew each other for years when you come across my parents."
His husky voice came through her ears. She knew she had to do it even when questions swarmed around her head, with no argument. She nodded to herself in the dark, and he could sense it.

"Words, I wouldn't accept any gestures."
His strict voice rang in her head. She looked at his side from the straight postures she was slaying on. Maybe she should ask.

"I will, but why?"
He could sense her curiosity through her voice, and he lightly gulped, having a conflict within himself about whether to let her know about it or not.

"My parents wanted me to get associated with a girl before, and I didn't want that, so I lied about already having someone. So they think that you are the girl."
A shock covered her, questions dancing around her head, and curiosity got the best of her, but she soon was answered through the meeting she had with his family and the words his father had said.

"It's good to finally meet you, Y/N, after all the talks we shared for a few months. I never thought my son could keep his girl such a secret; we didn't even know your name until the invitation came in."
She let out an audible sigh. One lie did bring out a thousand others.

"When will I start the work? The mail only said about the position."
She had to get herself together before getting into such a big company; she knew they required people who had a strong passion for what they did.

"I actually have no idea; I will ask Hoseok Hyung and let you know! What position did you get into, though?"
There was a shift in atmosphere right after he asked that—wasn't he the one who stood behind her in getting her this job? But the question that lingered cleared a little space in her head, and excitement grew within her. Maybe she got in with her own work.

"Assistant of the head of design."
Her sleepy voice came through his ears. a little deeper than her usual one. A little smirk played around his lips, and before he could reply to her little, tiny snores came through his ears.

~*~
Y/N's Point of View

I stood in front of the kitchen, my head turning in circles as I observed everything. I wasn't someone who usually cooked, but here I was. My parents both knew about the way I disliked cooking, so they made sure I knew how to cook by hand as well as not to trigger my dislike for it.

Even after mom died, dad made sure he was the one who cooked. I did cook, but it just irritated me. I looked through all the cabinets, taking note within my mind of where things were placed.Soon, I started the work over my breakfast. Pancakes and fruit will do for today. As I prepared the batter, I could sense Jimin entering the kitchen. Anxiety got me right away.

Without a word, he walked towards the espresso machine and made himself a coffee, leaving with it. A deep breath escaped my lips, shocking myself; I didn't know I was holding it in.I walked towards the dining table, placing the breakfast I had prepared. Pancakes and fruits with strips of bacon.

"Jimin, breakfast is ready."
My voice echoed around the house. I walked back to the kitchen, getting the fruit bowl along with syrup. Jimin was already there.

"Don't shout while calling for me; come wherever I am and let me know."
He glared at me, his jaw clenched. My lips slightly parted as I placed the bowl and the bottle of syrup down.

"I'm sorry, it will not happen again."
My voice came out softer than usual, with little tremors. I wasn't a strong person. A little glare and stern voice from anyone scared me. Trying to push all my thoughts, I placed pancakes along with fruit and bacon on his plate along with mine.

He didn't seem to be in a good mood.

~*~

The clinking of a fork and knife was the only thing that was heard until Jimin spoke.

"Pack your bags; We have to visit my parents tomorrow. We will stay for a maximum of 2 days."
He raised his head, looking at her. Her eyes are already on him. Without hearing her reply, he stood up and walked away, leaving his empty plate behind.

She looked at his disappearing figure. A sudden flip in her stomach at the mention of meeting his family. She didn't want to mess with every little lie Jimin had said in front of his parents, but again, she barely knew him. The uninviting look his mother had provided her had already created a weird fear inside her.

She was a mess. She was thrown into a family with people she barely knew. The constant fear of being pushed over the edge stayed with her as she tried her best to gather herself together. Negative things swarmed inside her head as she gave her everything just to stand strong in front of Jimin, but one glare brought her to a square that she never knew was there.

Suddenly losing all her appetite over her anticipation of what was going to happen at her formal meeting with her parents, she stood up, gathering all the dishes and placing them in the sink. Folding her long sleeves, she started washing the dirty dishes.

A deep sigh escaped her lips as she entered the bedroom she was sharing with Jimin. Her eyes landed on him, who had his laptop opened as he stretched his legs around the bed in a sitting position.

Why work in the bedroom if you have an office? The thought jumped around her head, but ignoring it in the name of rich people, she walked inside the closet, ready to set her side up and pack the bag for the day following.

To be continued.
Shall I make Jimin rude or mysterious or a mixture of both? Comment and don't forget to vote. Love ya!