"She's not part of this," Damon said, stepping in front of you.

Mikael regarded him with a look. "As I said, there is no purpose for her death. As long as Stefan here plays his part."

"You don't know what you've done," you told Damon.

"Yeah well, it's a little late for regret, Y/N," Damon said.

"Alright, if we're done with the side show," Stefan crossed his arms. "We'll say that Mikael followed Elena in here. He tried to grab her so he could use her as bait."

"And you what? Vervained him?" Elena asked.

"No, we vervained him," Damon said. "The guy's an original. At least make it believable."

He walked over to pour himself a drink as you realized what they were planning. There was only one thing that would bring Klaus back here now. And there was only one person Klaus would trust to relay the news of Mikael's death...the person he'd compelled loyalty from.

"Okay fine," Stefan said. "We vervained him and in the process discovered that he had a dagger."

"Which he planned to use on Rebekah. But instead," Elena said.

"We drove it through his heart," Stefan finished.

You scoffed, looking around at them as you grabbed Damon's drink from his hand and gulped it down in one shot. "It will never work. You imbeciles are forgetting something."

"Which is?" Damon prompted when you didn't expand.

"Why would I tell you?" you rolled your eyes. Mikael sped over to you before you could even move and grabbed you by the neck. The glass dropped from your hand, shattering on the floor. Damon took a step towards you but stopped, his eyes full of worry.

Mikael looked into your eyes and compelled you. "Tell us what you know or I may just find a new purpose for your death."

You had no control as you said, "Klaus will want proof. He will never leave it to chance."

Mikael dropped you and you fell to your knees, the broken glass cutting into your skin as you rubbed your neck. Damon knelt down to help you, but you pulled away from him. You had warned him but he didn't listen.

"It's a good point," Elena said, looking at you apologetically. "Klaus is smart. He'll want proof."

"Yeah, you, my brother, have been compelled to do what Klaus says," Damon said, looking up at them. "So if the idea is to lure him back here and kill him, the last thing we need is you getting tripped up and tongue tied."

"Well don't look at me. I'm just in charge of getting him back here," Stefan said.

"Then I shall be dead," Mikael said. He pulled out a dagger and a vial of the white oak ashes and placed them on the table.

"What if he wants to see you in person?" Elena asked.

"Y/N?" Mikael prompted. "Why don't you answer her question?"

You glared at him as you spat out, "He will definitely want to see his body. He will come."

Rebekah walked in. "He'll probably want to confirm it with me too," she said, her eyes avoiding her father.

You looked at her in shock. Even if she had just learned what he had done to their mother, Rebekah had always been Klaus' number one supporter. A thousand years together and she was just gonna throw it away.

"Rebekah," you said accusingly.

"He made his bed, Y/N," Rebekah said, not meeting your eyes. You could see the regret on her face, but you also saw the resolve. She would not change her mind.