The Cup of Grim

In which Sirius humors his divination teacher when he gets the Grim in his cup.

Sirius and Remus walked down the halls, hand in hand, as they headed to their last class, divination. Sirius thought it was stupid, the teacher was absolutely whacky, one would think she'd have served a few years in Azkaban considering how out of her mind she was. Remus didn't mind it, he thought it wasn't quite as useful as some other classes but at least he was able to spend it with his boyfriend.

They were a few minutes late but the teacher didn't seem to notice, she was passing teacups around. "Great, now we're having tea and biscuits!" Sirius sarcastically exclaimed to Remus who smiled. "Sush Padfoot," he whispered.

The class was chattering like song birds for ten minutes until the teacher started the lesson. They did this activity every week but the Professor insisted on going over the instructions. Sirius loved tea leaf readings, he found it hilarious in fact.

After going through the well known activity they followed the instructions and swapped tea cups, Remus laughed as he passed the cup. "Doom awaits you I fear," Remus laughed and held the tea cup up for Sirius to see. It was the Grim, a spectral dog, it looked just like Sirius in his animagus form.

Sirius grabbed the tea cup dramatically from Remus. "Oh no!" he wailed. "This is the end!" Sirius said, dramatically flopping his arms. He turned to Remus. "Oh dear Moony do take me to the window, I would like to see the outside before I pass," he told the man dramatically.

The teacher walked over and examined the cup. Once she saw it was the Grim she gently put it down. "This is no laughing matter Black, the Grim is the worst, death awaits you," she told him seriously. Sirius shrugged. "Death can take me, lifes been kinda boring lately, death would spice it up!" he replied, cheerfully. The teacher shook her head. "The Grim will catch up Mr Black."

The boyfriends started laughing when suddenly Sirius stopped, eyes wide. "I feel it!" he yelled, making everybody turn and shut up. "I feel the icy doom creeping up on me!" he exclaimed. "The Grim, it's catched up!" Sirius then fell out of his chair dramatically. Everyone laughed.

The Professor scowled. "Tea leaf reading is no joke, class dismissed!" she huffed, turning away from the students who ran out.

Remus reached a hand to help his lover up who graciously accepted it. "Doom still impending?" he asked Sirius who nodded furiously. "Think you can carry me? I'm too weak to walk," Sirius begged dramatically. Perhaps Hogwarts should've invested in a play, Sirius would be perfect. "Get up Grim," Remus said, laughing.

When they got back to their dorm Peter and James were there, chatting. "My day of death is among us!" Sirius yelled as he ran in. "Grim again?" Peter asked as Remus walked in. "Yep, you know it." The friends laughed, Sirius was one of a kind.