The Day After

In which Sirius stays with Remus as he gets healed up after the full moon.

The day after the full moon Remus always felt sick and upset. His body hurt, new scars would always appear. He'd never wish the pain of a werewolf onto somebody else.

Remus slowly fluttered his eyes open. He felt a heavy weight on him. There was a big black dog on him, big, goofy, yellow eyes stared at him. Sirius. Remus felt admiration for his lover, and James and Peter of course. To become an animagus it was a long, tedious process that could be painful. They were more than willing, especially if it meant helping out with Remus' on the full moon.

Remus patted the dog's head, looking lovingly. "Morning Sirius," he greeted with a raspy voice, it was almost painful to speak. Sirius jumped off and turned back into a human. "Morning Love," he stated with a soft smile. Remus noticed a small, deep claw mark on Sirius' forehead.

The man gulped and pointed at the mark and before he could utter any words Sirius grabbed his lover's hand. "Don't say it Moony, it's small, it'll heal," he assured. Remus shook his head. "It'll heal this time, but what about next time? What about next I..." Remus trailed off, starting to shake.

Sirius kissed Remus. "You won't Moony, you are not the monster you were raised to believe, you just have something you can't control and that's okay!" Sirius assured with a smile. "We all do after all and if you need some extra help so be it, I'll always be here Moony." Remus nodded, he wasn't used to being this loved and cared for.

Remus patted beside him and painfully shifted over a bit. "Will you lay with me?" he croaked out. Sirius nodded and carefully climbed in the bed beside his boyfriend. They lay together for a few minutes.

When Remus was bored of the silence he murmured; "where are the others?" Sirius looked over to him. "James and Peter had tests in transfiguration," he told Remus. His boyfriend furrowed his eyebrows. "You're in that class, that means you're missing your test!" Remus exclaimed but then coughed.

Sirius shrugged, kissing his boyfriend on the cheek. "I talked to Mcgonagall, told her me and you caught the flu and then made myself throw up in front of her!" he told his lover cheerfully. "Gross Padfoot!" Remus laughed.

Sirius smirked. "We got at least two days off, just us," he whispered. "I can barely move," Remus reminded his boyfriend. "I can move," Sirius said, wiggling his eyebrows. "I do not want a blowjob Padfoot," Remus laughed, making Sirius also laugh.

They instead cuddled and slept, holding each other tightly, until James and Peter walked in the dusty room. "Hey," Sirius said groggily, just waking up. Remus still slept, his head still snuggled into Sirius' chest. "Afternoon," Peter whispered.

James smiled at the two lovers. "Shall we wake him?" he whispered. Sirius shook his head. "Let him rest, he needs it, could someone watch him while I sneak some food out for us, I'll stay with him here tonight, he's in a lot of pain." Peter nodded at his request.

Sirius carefully got up. "James, do you mind staying with him? Me and Peter will sneak out with food, teachers will expect me and you but not so much me and Peter to be causing mischief." James nodded. "Of course, see you two in a bit," he whispered with a smile.

It was almost half an hour when Remus awoke. James sat reading a book and looked up in worry when he noticed Remus was breathing heavily and looking around, crazy out of his mind. James got up quickly and ran over. "Moony, are you alright?" he asked.

Remus still looked around. "Where's Sirius?" he panicked. "Just getting food for you, he'll be back in a half an hour," James assured. "I want Sirius," Remus muttered with wide, scared eyes. James nodded. "I know Moons, he'll be back, just close your eyes and feel his touch."

As soon as Sirius and Peter got back Siirus ran over to Remus, seeing his scared expression. "What happened?" he demanded of James. James only shook his head. "I'm not sure Siri, he woke up and just wanted you."

Sirius grabbed his boyfriend's hands. "I'm here Moony, breathe," Sirius whispered. Remus took shaky breaths. "What's wrong, my love?" Sirius asked, leaning in and kissing Remus on the tip of his nose. "I had a dream where I hurt you when I was a...you know..." Remus trailed off trying now to sob. Sirius hugged his boyfriend. "That will never happen, this heart is where you truly belong, even on the full moon I know you know that."

The two lovers held each other for a few moments. "I got you some food, it's light so you wont get sick Moons," Sirius said softly. Remus nodded and laid his head back down on his pillow. He was still really exhausted, this full moon had knocked him out well.

James and Peter shared a glance. "We'll leave," James told them. "We'll come here before class though," Peter assured. Sirius and Remus nodded. "Thank you guys, I really appreciate it," Remus croaked and the two boys smiled. "It's not a worry Remus," Peter assured and then left the shrieking shack, leaving the boyfriends alone.

Remus shivered, he couldn't stand the days where he used to be alone before, during, and after the full moon. With his friends he knew he could bounce back easier. Sirius kissed Remus on the lips, it was full of love and Remus knew Sirius was the one, although that had been quite clear before. "I love you."