The Courting of a Werewolf

In which Sirius courts his parents worst nightmare.

The Hogwarts courting was something very well known, through January to May, year 7s and 8s would court each other. You would give the person something cute and special, the other person would either accept or throw it away. A bit harsh but it was well known that gifts that went unaccepted were thrown in trash all around the school.

They would then go on three dates, after the third they'd decide if they would like to pursue marriage, it was very common for students to leave Hogwarts with a fiance or even leave married.

Sirius' parents had written to him saying that if he as so much as tries to court someone who wasn't a girl, wasn't a pureblood, and wasn't related to the Black's in some measure, he'd be disowned. So naturally he was gonna court a boy, a halfblood, and most definitely not related to him in any way.

Sirius had his eyes on werewolf since year four. Remus Lupin was a gorgeous lanky man who was nerdy and had soft golden eyes that Sirius fell over heels for. Although he wasn't sure if Remus was gay but hell, who could deny Sirius Black. Perhaps that was self centered but he knew he was fan favorite with girls and boys alike.

Sirius sat on his bed deep in thought that he hadn't noticed that James walked in. "Hey Padfoot!" He greeted warmly. "Hey Prongs," Sirius quietly said, still deep in thought. James plopped onto the bed beside him. "I'm gonna court Lily," he said happily. Sirius laughed. "Wow, I never expected that."

James smirked. "I bet you 20 galleons that you'll have over thirty courting invitations," he told the curly haired man. "Don't blame me, who could deny this?" Sirius stated, wiggling his eyebrows at James who only rolled his eyes. "As your best friend I must know who you're gonna court to piss off your family!"

Sirius smiled at the boy with glasses. "Wye I think it'll have to be our very own Moony," he said quietly. James stopped smiling. "You're not gonna court him just to piss off your family, right?" he asked seriously. Sirius shook his head. "Of course not! Do you think he likes me?" Sirius asked self consciously. James only smirked before walking to his own bed.

The black haired man got off his bed and ran over to James. "Come on Prongs, I know you know something!" he begged. Before James could say anything Remus and Peter walked in the dorm, Remus carrying a book that was supposed to be read for the defense against the dark arts.

"Hey Peter, hey Remus!" James called brightly. Sirius smirked. "Merlin that nerd setup is hot on you Moony!" Sirius smirked. Remus rolled his eyes. "Bugger off Padfoot," Remus said, although Sirius could swear he saw a light tint change to his cheeks.

Peter rolled his eyes. "Can we go to dinner now or are you gonna fuck Moony first?" he asked, looking at Sirius. Black smirked, correcting the tubby teen, "other way around Wormtail!" James and Peter pretended to gag. "Gross Siri!" James said. Remus only looked away, embarrassed. Sirius strided over to Remus, whispering; "did I get you all embarrassed, perhaps I need a punishment Moony."

Remus only rolled his eyes. "Keep it in your pants, Padfoot. Let's go to dinner," he suggested. "I'll be your desert!" Sirius said keenly. Peter and James started laughing. "Come on boys," Sirius said to the two laughing boys and then he turned to Remus with a smirk; "Let's go Moony!"

-    -    -

The day had come, people were already getting courting gifts. A Slytherian girl had pranced around the great hall at breakfast announcing she had got a diamond. Many others also shared her excitement as they to had gotten great gifts.

Sirius had gone for a much smaller gift in terms of wealth, if he knew his Moony, which he did, he knew the man wouldn't enjoy a fancy ring or a diamond. If Remus had required that Sirius would have most certainly got it for him.