𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑋𝐼

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lots of time passed and the sun started to set excruciatingly slowly.

I served one last customer before finally getting to close up.

I put away my apron and said goodbye to Riri and the others, clocking out.

I went to my car and put my phone into the phone holder I bought a few months ago.

I put the playlist back on, vibing to the songs and singing certain parts that I had remembered.

While on the drive home, Tanner facetimed me. I paused the music and accepted the call.

"Hi V, are you home yet?" He started, being really close to the phone.

"Hey T! No, but I'm driving there right now. Why?" I replied.

"Well.. I may have sort of asked Yumi to explain.. you know I'm impatient and stuff so you can't blame me!" He blurted out.

I just sighed. "What did he tell you, start fully from the start."

"Okay hold in let me-" he couldn't finish his sentence when Nick stole his phone, running off and giggling. In the background I could hear Tanner yelling for his phone while Nick just kept running.

"STOP SHAKING ME AHH IM GOING TO THROW UP STOP!!!" I yelled, giggling now myself.

This cause Nick to laugh even more while trying to hold the phone still.

"Much better." I put a thumbs up, focusing on the road.

Suddenly it went quiet. I thought Nick ended the call but no, he had ran into an empty room and closed the door.

"Why'd you steal me?- by me I mean the phone." I giggled, stopping at a red light. I finally glanced to the phone to see it just randomly on the ground in a dark room.

I chuckled, looking back to the road and continuing to drive.

After a moment, Tanner finally emerged into the room, grabbing his phone.

"Sorry for that. Anyways I was supposed to tell you everything that Yumi told me, right?"

I nodded, looking quickly at my phone screen, then back at the road.

"Okay, so." He began.

"Firstly he said that anything you had told me was a lie, even tho you didn't tell me anything. Then, he like sat me down as if he was going to tell me where babies come from or that the tooth fairy isn't real." He laughed, staring at the camera.

"THE TOOTH FAIRY ISN'T REAL??!" I yelled, looking at him with my jaw dropped.

He laughed, looking around like a schizophrenic.

"Okay, anyways. He started by saying that you guys knew each other since kindergarten and that the falling out had happened in high school when someone started a rumour saying that he went out with your- from what I understood- ex best friend slash enemy? He told me that it was completely untrue and that he would never date her since he knew like that you hated her." He said, a sort of uncertainty in his voice. I scrunched up my face.

"That's basically it, but if you want I can like explain in as much detail as possible." He added. I nodded to him, staying quiet to see what Yumi had to say for himself.

"So he said that it started when you got a message from some 'random bitch fucker girl', his words, not mine. The girl had apparently sent you some pictures and stuff of Yumi like being next to the girl u hated or something. Then he recalled a long ass Paragraph from the girl that sent you the pictures saying how Yumis been going out with her behind your back and stuff." He continued.