Fighting

Maddie's POV

Josh crouched Infront of me "I'm going to untie you know, don't fight back" he said I nodded. But I would fight back if he had ever bothered to get to know me he would know that Maddie Wood was a fighter. He slowly untied my hands and legs from the chair. I lunged at him, I hadn't realized how weak I was until I got to feet and realized it that my legs where weak under me. My injuries throbbed. My pregnancy slowed me down. Josh quickly pinned me but I fought against him he pulled out a gun hitting me in the face with it. we both paused as I heard distant sirens I chuckled they had come they would save me. In that brief moment I realized Josh was distracted I ripped the gun from his hands pushing him off me. I leveled the gun at him my breathing quickening. In that moment of hesitation Josh grabbed my ankle pulling it making me fall. When I was on the floor I saw the small glint of something in his hand as I struggled to get out of his grip. He pulled the knife in his hand toward me plunging it into my chest twisting the blade.  

Everything went fuzzy in my muddled thoughts I had the sense to get the abandoned gun raise it and shoot. I heard a door slam open a gasp. My name. Eyes above me. Puppy brown eyes, I liked those eyes they eased some of the pain racking my body. Someone was saying something but it sounded so far away. So very far away. The world tilted, then everything went black.