5

Lisa Pov

It takes Kai— Ian now—only a second to register who's in the bar. He locks eyes with Jisoo first and blanches, his phone clutched tightly in his hands. There's a slight tremor to his lips as he stares at her, then Bangchan and finally, me. When his gaze lands on the scar on my neck, he turns a sick shade of gray. I can't help but smile.

Surprise, motherfucker.

How does it feel to know you're about to die?

"I...I...can explain."

Kai chokes on his words, sounding as befuddled as he looks. An idiot frozen in place. Shifty eyes swiveling left and right.

I let out a dry laugh as I stalk towards him, pulling my gun from my holster and shoving the cold barrel under his chin. Kai chokes out a shriek but says nothing more.

He's dumber than I remember if he thinks he can explain how he happened to slit my throat while out on a job together. The shitstain thought he could just take the money and disappear.

I came back from the dead so I could send him in my place instead. Looming over him, I dig my gun even deeper into his jaw.

"Now listen to me carefully, Kai," I spit his stupid name out like venom. "Let's make one thing very clear. Your death is mine and it won't be quick. I'll make you suffer for what you did to me. Maybe torture you for a day or two. Who knows? I haven't decided yet. The inspiration will come to me—I'm sure. So now you have two options. You either be a good little boy," I taunt, tapping my Ruger twice on his cheek and he whimpers in response. "And walk out with Chan right now, or I can happily drag you out by your ball sack instead. Your choice."

The fear in Kai's eyes is almost laughable, he sputters to answer, knowing that death is his only option tonight.

"I—I'll go. I'll go," he finally stutters out.

"Good choice," I reply, giving my gun a final shove before dropping it to my side, the pungent scent of ammonia filling the room. I take a step back from Kai's petrified body and cover my nose, realizing he just pissed himself.

"Jesus fucking Christ, Kai, have some fucking decorum," Jisoo says as she gestures to Bangchan to drag him out into the SUV waiting outside. "We have a lady present after all."

An almost inaudible gasp finally tears my attention from Kai but I see no one until Jisoo leans over the bar and drags a girl up by her arm. She doesn't fight her, only clasping her trembling hands over her mouth.

The girl's eyes swivel around the bar until they slam into mine.

Suddenly, time slows down, then speeds back up.

I take a step back, feeling like I've been knocked off my feet. I swallow hard, unable to move. I'm transfixed as she continues to stare at me, her hand still firmly covering her mouth. I can't tear my gaze away from hers.

Her eyes. Hazel brown and terrified.

This can't be fucking happening. This can't be...her. The one whose possible existence has been haunting me for the past five fucking years.

I can hear Kai's feet drag against the carpeted floor as Bangchan pushes him out the door, but I still can't move.

I can't fucking move.

"Lis, the fuck are you doing just standing there?" Jisoo asks.

I look back at her, back at the girl, then back at Jisoo again. She must see the shock slapped across my face because she cocks her eyebrow with a questioning look. But says nothing, jerking her head towards the door instead.

Was I Ever Here? ; jenlisa ff G!Pजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें