23

Lisa Pov

"So..." Jennie trails off, I can hear the tremble of uncertainty in the tone of her voice. "Should we talk about what happened earlier?"

She's laying on her stomach beside me, her legs raised up, slightly swaying them back and forth as if unconsciously self-soothing. Her bathing suit is slowly drying on her smooth sun kissed skin, the book she just bought flipped over and resting in front of her. She's chewing on the skin of her thumb and I reach over to swat at her hand.

"Stop that, you'll chew your arm off at this rate."

She laughs, full of nerves. "Nervous habit."
She flips her wet hair from one shoulder to the other while still looking at me with a searching gaze. "Well, should we?"

I'd rather gouge my own eye out than talk about the kiss.

So i decide to distract her instead.

Reaching over, I trail a finger down her spine. Her shoulder blades tight and then relax as she lets out a slow sigh. Her skin is still cold from the water as I watch the goosebumps erupt across her back.

She looks over to me. Her words now a stutter on her lips. She tries to resist the feeling of my fingers light on her skin but finally relents and rests her head atop her folded arms.

Her head tilts, her eyes hooded while she watches me. I can tell her question is still burning on her tongue but I'm determined to make her forget— even if it's just for now. My hand reaches the small of her back, her hips lifting ever so slightly as if chasing my seeking touch.

My stomach tightens at the sight of her so pliant, so hypnotized. My fingers slide against the seam of her bikini bottom, my thumb slipping under the fabric and then back out. Her legs, which were still up, now fall back down to the blanket, crossing one foot over the other.

I can tell she's trying to act unbothered. It only fuels me further. I lick my lips and swallow hard and continue to trace a path along her body. My palm, barely a whisper against the swell of her ass. I manage to stifle the groan rising deep inside my throat, the silence between us is electric— palpable— and only punctured by the sound of the waves crashing behind us.

There's still so much left unspoken between us. And maybe some things will remain unsaid. An entire lifetime with Jennie wouldn't be enough to tell her everything I want— no, need— to say.

My little sun.

Kneeling closer to her, I shift my position, freeing up the hand I was resting my weight on and making sure to dust the sand off my palms. She's like an offering on an alter laid out in front of me while I graze my hands down her thighs and then down her calves.

With her eyes now closed, her furrowed brows are the only hint she's not drifting into sleep and as if on cue, she places her foot that was crossed over the other back down on the blanket, uncrossing her legs.

Opening up for me.

My dick aches as her body responds to my touch exactly like how I knew it would. Reaffirming what I whispered to her last night— her body is mine. It's always been mine.

I trail my fingers all the way down to the arch of her feet. She twitches and giggles but says nothing. Then, keeping my hands flat on her calves, I move over so that I'm now kneeling in front of her feet. Her long legs parting ever so slightly as I caress her legs back down and then gently pick up her left foot with both hands.

I kiss her on one calf and then the other. Her skin tastes like sea salt and I fight the urge to not to lick her skin all the way up to her parted legs.