OT13 (SVT): Bittersweet Part 1

The most painful death to a mortal is one that is foreseen - Bacchylides

Death.

Why do we humans fear that useless thing so much?

Mainly because we think of what will happen to the people that we left behind, or the precious memories that will be stored in an abandoned compartment forever. Still, valueless lives do exist, speaking from my own experience.

The sharp silvery thorn pricked me deep within my spine, aching at the strongest collision possible as I fell forward at once. My whole body got engulfed by a figure, wrapping me in their arms as dizziness took over my control to function normally. Familiar hushes filled my hearing from the left side, their ruefulness clear in their fading cries.

As life flashed before my dark brown eyes, I wondered whether I would ever see another sunrise again...

6 months earlier

Haeyang University in Seoul, I have been voluntarily stuck in this place for over two years now. You see, many say that your higher education years are one of the best times of our lives. That is indeed true, flipping through your pages of remembrance can help you identify the purpose of your existence.

Best friends, classes that got you instant fatigue, crazy college parties and even adventurous trips that would not be forgotten for a dime. Yet, the most important event of them all got to be the many crushes that one could be smitten with.

I had someone in my mind like that. Straight dark eyebrows, soft lips that turn upward in a perpetual smirk and the sharper jawline. The black framed glasses on his nose bridge and his cold gaze that he gave with his foxlike eyes that cannot be overlooked, such an attractive trait on him.

A click of fingers making a racking sound together snapped in front of my face, glimpsing to my right side to see the female part who made my university life easier. 

The pointed black eyeliner was effortlessly done as always, a judgmental look found on her fair-skinned face. 'Yah Do Dohee, stop your delusions and get yourself a real dog treat to chew.'

Rolling my dark brown eyes, I grabbed the heavy books that I had put on the furniture to make place for my best friend. 

A bright smile played on my lips, leaning my chin on the back of my hand to stare into that specific direction again. 'Eunbi, that one over there is surely a delicious snack. Do not deny straight-up facts. You are just threatened by his hunkiness.'

Hwang Eunbi, we met on the first day of university. Introducing yourself can be a hurdle to born introverts like me, but this girl had my MBTI changed over the course of years. I cannot forget how she called herself "the woman who is going to make the whole world turn its head and congratulations, you are the first set."

This was pretty embarrassing as I say it myself. I snorted my laugh out immediately after while she frowned at my peculiar behavior. Ever since then, we sit in the back of our classes, doing nothing much than studying and keeping ourselves a decent amount from society.