Chapter 6 - A way into the City

"There's gotta be another way."

Liam walked you to the others, never letting go of your hand.

The others hear you approach and look at you with growing smiles. You smile at them, before your eyes land on Gally, your smile gone.

"Gally." You greet coldly.

"Y/N." He just says, guilt written on his face.

You squeeze Liams hand, like he's your lifeline, before taking a deep breath and slowly let go of him and walk over to Gally. He looks like he's preparing himself to get punched in the face.

His eyes widen in shock when you hug him. Liams lip tugging slightly upwards.

He was pissed at Gally gate he woke up, and he was for a long time. But he knew Gally regretted his actions. He never wished what happened to happen.

You then step back and into Liams arms again.

Gally is about to go down when you stop him.

"Hey, Gally." You say and he looks up at you. "Take care of these two." You tell him.

"Yeah." He nods, before climbing down the drain. Thomas right after him.

Newt is about to when he looks at the two of you with a relieved smile, then something else flashes his eyes and you frown confused. You see him glance at his hand and it shakes slightly, before his fists it and climbs down too, but not before giving you a reassuring nod and smile.

"They're gonna be gone a bit, let's go, i know somewhere we can stay. Gally knows it, he'll bring them there." Liam tells you. And all of you follow him.

...
(Scene with Thomas, Newt and Gally down the drain.)
...
(Scenes with Teresa in WCKD.)
...

"So this is the Liam, huh?" Jorge states rather than asks. He looks him up and down, making one of Liams eyebrow to lift. You chuckle. Jorge had some dad instincts.

"Yes. Liam, this is Jorge and Brenda. They've saved our asses a few times." You tell him.

"A few?" Brenda raise her eyebrows and you laugh.

"Well then, thank you." Liam says, shaking their hands.

"What are we gonna do until they come back?" Frypan asks.

Liam looks at him then you as you roam around the room, just looking around. He then smiles and go to the corner, there he pulls up a blanket and under it lays a guitar. He picks it up, and walks over to Frypan. Frypan smiles excitedly and takes it.

Liam then looks at you, still looking another way oblivious.

Jorge and Brenda sits down on a couch, watching as he approaches you from behind. He carefully takes your hand and you turn as he lift it and kisses it.

Frypan starts playing and you look at him before looking up at Liam with so much love, relief and happiness.

He takes you in his arms and starts swaying with you, while Frypan smiles at you while he plays, a tear of happiness falling down.

...
(Scenes with Thomas, Newt and Gally in the city.)
...

Thomas, Newt and Gally were back. They walk in and see you and Liam swaying to Frypan playing soft music. Newt lips tremble slightly from so much happiness and relief at seeing you two together again.

Frypan stops when she sees them, making you and Liam turn to see them too.

You all follow Gally and Liam to somewhere you can start planing.

...

You sit by the table, with Liam standing behind you.

"No. There's gotta be another way." Thomas says.

"Like what? You've seen the building. She is our only way in." Gally says.

"You really think she's gonna help us?" Thomas ask him.

"I don't plan on asking for her permission." Gally says.

"Am I missing something here?" Brenda asks. "This is the same girl who betrayed us, correct? Same dick."

"I like her." Gally says.

"What's going on?"

"What, you afraid your little girlfriend is gonna get hurt?" Newt then asks and you look at him, a bit surprised. "Hmm? Because this has obviously never been just about rescuing Minho. Has it?"

"Wait, what are you talking about?" Thomas asks confused.

"Teresa. She's the only reason that Minhos even missing in the first place." Newt snaps and walks up to his face. You stand up in alarm, this wasn't Newt. "Now, we finally have an opportunity to get him back." He has backed Thomas up to the wall and you look at Liam who is frowning confused at Newt before he walks over to them. "And what? You don't want to because of her? Because deep down inside you still care about her, don't you? Just admit it."

"Newt, i.."

"Don't lie to me!" Newt exclaims and you jump slightly, never having seen Newt like this. Liam was about to help when Newt snaps out of it and step back. "Sorry." He tells Thomas. He then apologises to you and the others too, before walking out.

You go to follow him but Thomas stops you. Telling you he needs to talk to him first.

...
(Scene with Thomas and Newt.)
...

You walk up to Newt from behind after Thomas came back. Liam right beside you.

Thomas had told you he was infected so you had gotten the chance to cry before going up there.

"Hey, sis. Hey, Liam." He says when the two of you sit on each side of him.

Newt sees your trembling lips and wrap his arm around you.

"It's okay. I'm not afraid. Well, not of dying at least." He tells you. "It's more about forgetting."

"It's not too late, we can fix this. We'll get serum when we get into WCKD." You tell him, leaning your head on his shoulder.

It stays quiet for a moment.

"You complained about everything in the garden." Liam then suddenly says, you both look at him, he just look out on the view. "It got so annoying we just made you in charge of it, so you could do whatever you wanted." He chuckles. "Turns out we had done half of it wrong, and you fixed it. Frypan was grateful to finally make some good food."

You smile together, thinking about the good times from the Glade. You and Liam mention a few good memories and Newt adds in a little too. Laughing almost breathlessly before going back in to the others.

...
(Scene with Minho and Teresa.)
...
(Scene with Teresa and Thomas.)
...
(Scene with Ava and Janson.)