Chapter 4 - The Scorch

"I never thought I'd say it.. I miss the glade."

(Sceen with Thomas and the others waking up.)

Newt turns to you and find you still sleeping.

...

"Hey." A deep male voice says coming up behind you, wrapping his arms around.

You hum contentedly to the feeling of his strong arms around you.

"Why did you leave me?" The voice then ask and you frown, turning around you see Liam looking like the last time you saw him. Blood staining down his shirt. "Why did you leave me?" He asks again, looking hurt.

"But I.. I didn't want to Liam, they just took me.. I.." You try to tell him and reach for him, but he steps away from you.

"You left me there to die!" He says angrily pushing your hands away.

Suddenly he looks like one of those infected people from last night and you scream when he screeched and lunged for you.

"Liam!" You gasp, startling awake.

Frantically you look around for him only to find the others and Newt looking down at you with concern and sad eyes, his hand on your shoulder since he had tried to carefully shake you awake. You sigh and lean back, breathing heavily.

"Hey, we gotta keep moving, sis. Can you stand for me?" Newt asks softly and stands up, reaching out his hand for you.

You stare at it for a moment before lifting your shaking hand up to take it and letting him help lift you off the ground. As you stand you turn to see the others all look at you with sympathetic looks.

Then you hear Winston groan, taking your attention away.

"Hey, man. You okay?" Frypan asks him reaching a hand out to help him up.

...

(Scene with everyone starting to walk through the scorch.)

"What the hell happened to this place?"

"I don't know." Newt says. "It doesn't look like anyone's been here in a long time."

"I hope the whole world's not like this." Aris says, walking in front of you.

"Whoa, whoa, hand on, stop." Thomas says, stopping, having walked behind you.

You turn to him like the others.

"Do you hear that?" He asks.

Tilting your head you try to listen.

Then distant aircraft whirring sounds, and your eyes widen.

"Get down!" Thomas shouts. "Everybody, hide! Hide! Hide! Get in here. In here, in here!"

You grab Aris and bring him with you to hide under the debris with the others. Glancing up from under the debris you watch the huge aircraft fly over you.

"They're never gonna stop looking for us, are they?" Minho asks.

...

Everyone, especially Minho and Newt, feels protective of you, they stay close and always keeps an eye on you.

You keep glancing concerned at Winston as you walk. He was coughing weakly and struggling to keep up.

...

"Little further, guys." Thomas calls out as he walks up the sand top.

You follow after him, standing close to Winston, sometimes helping him a bit if he stumbles.