Chapter 11 - Liam

"Well, what are we supposed to do now?"

A door opens behind you and lets light come in. You all slowly walk out, Liam taking your hand.

Going out of there you find yourself in a long hallway. You walk one way until you find a door. The door saying EXIT above it.

"Seriously?" You asks with a scoff.

Thomas walks up to it and opens it. Then hearing alarm beeping faintly in the distance. He slowly opens the door.

Inside people are lying unconscious or dead on the ground.

You walk in with Liam after the others, looking around at the dead bodies. Then passing a room with people on two tabled with white sheets covering them with blood. You stare at it and Liam pushes you to keep walking.

"What happened here?" Winston asks.

Walking into some sort of control room. Liam taking you closer to a screen, looking at the surveillance screen.

"So they were watching us. This whole time." Newt says standing beside you and Liam, watching the screens.

Thomas then taps a button on the screen where he used to work. The big screen turns into a prerecorded video.

"Hello. My name is Dr. Ava Paige." The woman on the screen says. "I'm the director of operations of the World Catastrophe Killzone Department. If you're watching this, that means you've successfully completed the Maze Trials. I wish i could be there in person to congratulate you."

You have all walked closer to the screen now.

"But circumstances seem to have prevented it. I'm sure by now you must all be very confused, angry, frightened. I can only assure you that everything that's happened to you, everything we've done to you, it was all done for a reason. You won't remember, but the sun has scorched our world." It then shows footage from what's happened to be outside world. "Billions of lives lost, to fire, famine. Suffering on a global scale. The fallout was unimaginable. What came after was worse. We called it the Flare." She says and the screens show a virus. "A deadly virus that attacks the brain. It is violent, unpredictable, incurable ." It shows a man infected and your hand goes to your mouth in shock. "Or so we thought." The screen turn back to the woman. "In time, a new generation emerged that could survive the virus. Suddenly, there was a reason to hope for a cure. But finding it would not be easy. The young would have to be tested, even sacrificed inside harsh environments, where their brain activity could be studied, all in an effort to understand what makes them different, what makes you different. You may not realise it. But you're very important. Unfortunately, your trials have only just begun." Then it shows a struggle behind her, people coming in and shooting. "As you'll no doubt soon discover, not everyone agrees with our methods. Progress is slow, people are scared. It may be too late for us, for me, but not for you. The outside world awaits. Remember.." She then pulls a gun to her head. "WICKD is good." She says and pulls the trigger.

You jump and hide your face in Liams chest.

Thomas had looked away too, and then sees the woman lying dead over where she had made the video. He starts walking to it, past you and Liam and you look up and you both follow his line of sight.

Then alarms blare and you all whip your head towards it. A door lifts up and shows a way out.

"Is it over?" Frypan asks.

"She said we were important." Newt says. "Well, what are we supposed to do now?" He then asks.

Thomas turns to look at him.

"I don't know." He says. "But let's get out of here."

"No." Then someone says and everyone turn and sees Gally.

"Gally?" Thomas asks, walking closer.

"Don't." Liams stops him. "He's been stung."

"We can't leave." Gally says, crying as his hands shake you see him holding a gun.

"We did. Gally, we're out. We're free." Thomas tells him.

"Free?" He sobs. "You think we're free out there? No, there's no escape from this place." He says and lifts his gun to aim at Thomas.

"Gally, listen to me. You're not thinking straight." Liam says.

"You're not. Now, we can help you." Thomas then says. "Just put down the gun."

Minho tightens his grip on the spear.

"I belong to the Maze." Gally says.

"Just put down the gun, Gally." Liam says taking a step forward from beside Thomas.

"We all do." Gally says and pulls the trigger.

"No!" Everyone exclaims, but watch as Gally gasps with a spear in his chest. He falls down unconscious.

Liam then feels dizzy and looks down, seeing he was shot.

"Oh." He just says before falling to his knees.

"Liam?" You ask but gasp when you see the blood.

He groans and falls down, you try to catch him but he's too heavy for you so you fall down with him.

"Liam!" The others exclaim too, then seeing the blood they gasp.

"No, no, no." You mumble, holding the love of your life. "Liam! Stay with me!"

"Y/N." He says weakly. You hold him with shaking hands.

You exclaim for him, but he barely hears you. Thomas kneels down beside you and Liam, tears forming in his eyes too.

"Thomas." Liam says weakly, fisting his shirt to bring him closer. "Keep them safe Thomas, keep her safe. Please." Thomas starts crying as he nods.

"I will." He says.

"Newt, Minho." Liam then tries to say and they nod with tears forming in their eyes, already knowing what he wants.

"We'll take care of her." Newt says, his voice cracking.

"NO! Stop it!" You shout.

He mumbles that he loves you before his eyes closes.

"No! Liam, you listen to me!" You exclaim angrily fisting, shaking him a bit. Tears streaming down your face. "You are going to hold on! You hear me! Hold on! You are not leaving me! Stay with me!"

But then suddenly masked men appear and usher everyone out.

Thomas and Newt tries to make you come with but you shake them off. The masked men lead them out and away from you.

"Liam? Come on, Liam, wake up! Liam!" You try to shake him awake. "Liam! No!" You exclaim when someone grasps you and rip you away from him.

They were too strong so you were just trashing and trying to punch them to no vain. Screaming for them to let you go or to take Liam with you.

None of the them check for pulses on the two unconscious boys on the ground, they just grab whoever is awake and standing, and leave.

You just trashed and screamed when they took you in the helicopter so they sedated you. Newt and Minho hold you close to them, while they fly you away.

(Scene with Ava Paige.)