Chapter 2 - WCKD

"There's something inside of us that WCKD wants."

(Scenes up until they find Teresa and Y/N.)

Thomas pulls the curtain and find you in the patient bed. He immediately shouts for Minho and Newt before pulling the next curtain, there finding Teresa.

They didn't do anything to you, Teresa had just refused to let you be separated from her. She was worried about you, even though you hadn't known each other long she had started to care for you like a sister, you had that effect on people. So they had just kept you close, sleeping. While they worked on Teresa.

Newt comes up in front of you, but your vision is blurry.

"Y/n." He sighs in relief, checking you over.

"Liam?" You ask the blurry figure.

Minho was now at the other side of the patient bed and he and Newt shared a sad look.

"It's Newt, Y/n." He tells you softly with a sympathetic look.

You groan slightly and lean to your side, wanting to try and sleep again. It was the only way you could see him.

"No, no. Y/n, you need to come! We have to leave!" Newt tells you and tries to help you up but you weakly fight his grip.

Minho helps and they get you on your feet. You look around dazed and confused.

"Guys? They're coming! Where do we go?" Frypan exclaims.

Newt lets you go and Minho helps steady you.

"Frypan, move!" Newt shouts and push a tipped over table to barricade the door.

"What's happening?" You mumble.

"Get back! Get back!"

You all back away from the doors and newt takes you back while Minho points the gun at the door.

"They've got the door barricaded. Send backup!" The guards yell.

"Okay, we gotta get out of here!" Minho exclaims.

"Where do we go!?"

Thomas looks behind him at the glass window, getting an idea. He grabs a chair.

"Everyone stand back!" He tries to break the glass but fails. Newt lets go of you to help, grabbing a chair too.

"Ready, go!" They break the glass.

Teresa throws a cloth over the frame and Thomas helps her over. Then Newt jumps over and Frypan helps lifts you over to the other side.

(Just running away scenes until they get out. Too tired to write all of it, like usual. Sorry.)

...

"I think we lost them!" Minho exclaims as you still run.

"Keep going, guys. Let's go." Thomas says.

"Watch out! Where are we even going?" Minho asks.

"Come on. Come on."

"Over here."

"What the hell is this?"

"Come on!" Teresa shouts for everyone to follow her as she walks through a broken window to some building.

"Teresa, wait! No, don't go in there!" Thomas exclaims.

"Get down here." She shouts.

"Okay, come on!" Minho says.

"Get inside!" Thomas tells you.

Newt, having held your hand to not loose sight of you, brings you with him down before letting you go to lean forward to catch your breaths.

You breathe heavily before slowly standing back up looking around confused at whatever just happened.

"Where the hell are we?" Minho asks, flashing his light around the space.

"We gotta go." Thomas tries to usher everyone to keep going.

"No." Teresa says.

"We gotta keep moving." He tries to tell her.

"Thomas, stop!" She shouts. "Tell me what's going on."

He walks back, closer to the group.

"It's WCKD." He tells her. "It's WCKD. They've lied to us. We never escaped." He says looking at everyone. "Me and Aris, we found bodies. Too many to count."

You frown, then looking to the unknown boy you had seen running with everyone. Aris.

"What do you mean? Dead bodies?" Minho asks him.

"No, but they weren't alive either." Thomas says and you look back at him. "They had them strung up. With tubes coming out of them. They were being.. They were being drained."

Your face turn to slight horror at the thought.

"There's something inside of us that WCKD wants. Something in our blood. So we have to get as far away as possible." Thomas tells you.

"Okay. So, what's the plan?" Newt then asks him, then seeing Thomas unsure look. "You do have a plan, right?"

"Yeah. I don't know."

"Well, we follow you out here, Thomas!" Newt tells him in disbelief. "And now you're saying that you have no idea where we're going or what where doing?"

It stays quiet for a moment while Newt runs his hand through his hair in frustration.

"Wait. Janson said something about people hiding in the mountains. Some kind of resistance or army." The new boy says.

You look at the boy again, a strange feeling of familiarity, but you don't recognise the boy.

"The Right Arm." Thomas says. "The Right Arm. If they're really against WCKD, maybe they can help us."

"People. In the mountains. Mountain people." Newt says in disbelief. "That's your plan?"

"It's the only chance we have." Thomas tells him.

"Hey, guys. Check this out." Frypan says, getting everyone's attention. "Minho, give me the light."

You walk to Frypan what the others and look down at what he's flashing the lights at.

"Someone's been down here."