Chapter 27

Pov Roseanne Park

I lightly stroked Anthony's hair as he slept peacefully in his hospital bed. It had been six days since his admission and we were beginning to see the sparkle return to his eyes. Lisa and I didn't leave him alone for a minute. We always took turns when the other needed to go out or work. Fortunately, Lisa's job allowed her to be away, but unfortunately mine didn't. I only had the weekends off.

Yes, it wasn't enough for me, but what could I do, I couldn't risk losing yet another job, he moved on the bed turning his body to one side, on the second day he started eating normally, Lisa and I sat next to him and ate the same food as him, I realized that I had missed even that.

Lisa would be arriving in a few hours, she needed to sort out some things at the studio, she took advantage of the fact that it was the weekend and I could stay with Anthony as long as I wanted.

I walked around his room smiling as I looked at some of the drawings Lisa had brought, we also bought him some clothes, toys and took him his tablet, who said Anthony paid attention to those things, he just wanted to be close to us, whether he was going to play, draw or watch a movie didn't matter, the important thing for him was that we were close.

We'd be visited by Jennie Lilly and Jisoo, my parents and Lisa's parents had also come to visit him, which made Lisa extremely happy, they were really showing an interest in the little one, and Anthony was great at winning people over even though he was shy the way he was.

He stirred again in bed, opening his sleepy little eyes, and I approached him again, receiving his gaze on me, and he smiled.

- Good afternoon, sleepyhead. - I said, rubbing his belly and hearing him laugh. - How are you feeling?

- It doesn't hurt anymore. - He said, touching his head.

- And your tummy?

- It doesn't hurt. - She shook her head in denial. - Mommy?

Anthony had found a way to differentiate between the two of us, another tip from his friend Llilly, he called Lisa Mommy and me Mom, the two of us certainly hadn't got used to it yet and every time he called one of us we felt our hearts melt completely.

- Mommy's coming, she had to go to the studio.

- Work?

- That's work, love.

- Are you going to work?.

- No, Mom's off today. - Anthony was still lying on the bed, he knew he was still feeling a bit weak. - Our coffee will be here soon. - He grimaced when he heard that, I couldn't blame him for not liking the hospital food, it wasn't the best we'd ever eaten, and he was on a strict diet because he was malnourished. - Do you know who's going to eat with us?

- Mommy? - He asked excitedly, showing the cutest little teeth in the world.

- Yeah, Mommy, she'll be here soon, what do you want to do now?

- Cuddle. - He answered, making me smile.

I lay down next to him, thankful that the bed was so spacious, we could fit Lisa and me in it, and there was still room. He laid his head on my chest, grabbing my body with his little arms, I sniffed the top of his head with his hair a little sweaty, which reminded me that it was almost time for his bath.

- It's getting to be bath time.

- Okay. - He replied, still calm on my lap. The pain of thinking about everything Anthony had suffered was still present in Lisa and me, the way he was with both of us now was a thousand times worse than at the beginning.