Chapter 14

Pov Roseanne Park

I looked at Lisa in confusion as I had never heard that name before. She didn't look back at me, but instead turned her attention to her stepfather.

- We're not together anymore, I'll explain that to you later, that's not the point here, we fell in love and got married.

- Married? - It was my mother's turn to speak in astonishment.

- Anthony, what do you say we go to the studio and do some painting? - Jennie asked the little boy, who went with her and Lilly without blinking an eye.

I mentally thanked Jennie, it wasn't going to be an easy conversation, it wasn't an environment for children.

- You're crazy Rosie, it's not even a month since you broke up with Suzy and out of the blue you're getting married. - Alice spoke in an amused tone, there weren't many things she took seriously in life.

- We've applied to adopt Anthony, we're both going to adopt him.

- Lisa, did you think it through before you did all this? - Her mother asked indignantly.

- Of course, Mom, I have no doubts, I love them both and I want them in my life. - Lisa didn't seem nervous when she said those words; on the contrary, she seemed quite sincere.

- He's beautiful, daughter, a cutie. - My mother hugged me afterwards.

- Lisa Noah loved you, you knew each other for years, until three months ago you were in love.

I felt my chest tighten as I heard all that information at once, my stomach churned and all my good humor went away, could I possibly be dying of jealousy at all this?

- Don't you think we should respect their decision? - My father said to Lisa's stepfather.

- Are you going to teach me how to treat my daughter? - He replied angrily, getting up and my father did the same.

We stood between the two of them.

- I'll explain this to you later, I've said all I need to say today, if you can't accept it I'm sorry. - It broke my heart to see Lisa crying and I just wanted to hug her right there, to tell her that their opinion didn't matter.

- Daughter, think about it, you had a life. - Lisa's mother instituted it.

- Yes, we did, I loved being betrayed every day

Alice and Jisoo put their hands to their mouths to cover their incredulous reaction.

Their parents sat down again as if they were trying to organize all that information at once.

- I'm sorry. - Her mother said, getting up and trying to approach Lisa, but she pulled away.

- You can leave now, you've managed to end everything.

Lisa didn't give us any more time to talk, she just ran into the house and Jennie came back a few minutes later with only Lilly.

- What happened? - She asked after observing the terrible mood that had set in, my parents and Lisa's parents were in absolute silence staring at each other, they had no idea what to do.

- Where's Anthony? - I asked worriedly.

- He's with Lisa in the studio, she asked to be left alone with him, Lisa's not well at all.

- Honey, I'll tell you later what happened, I think it would be good for the two of you to be alone now, what do you think? - Jisoo addressed everyone in the room, Lisa's parents were the first to stand up, looking at me with a guilty face.