Chapter 6

Narrator Pov

Jennie noticed the two women approaching, the couple were already sitting side by side at the table.

Lisa and Rose joined them, feeling extremely nervous.

- So what did they say on the phone call? - Jisoo said excitedly.

- Yes, it's true. - The couple clapped their hands, making Rose and Lisa laugh together.

- I'm very happy for Anthony, he's been so lucky it's hard to put it into words. - Jennie was being really sincere, the bond that Lilly had with Anthony was strong and pure and now they would have the chance to grow together, if everything worked out.

- And how are they going to do it, joint or separate adoption?

- That's still a question, Rose wants to be part of the whole process but it wouldn't be possible because we're not married. - Jisoo paused for a moment when he heard Lisa's words.

- You've never thought of trying? - Rose almost choked on her juice, making Lisa look at her worriedly.

Jisoo couldn't help but laugh at the situation; one day Rose and Lisa would get used to her good-natured manner.

- Honey, control yourself a little. - Jennie spoke seriously to Jisoo, who raised his hands in surrender. - You know you've spent a lot of time together from now on, don't you?

- Yes, we know that, I don't see it as a problem. - Lisa said sincerely, she really liked Rose's company.

- And your girlfriend? - Jisoo asked Rose directly, who lowered her eyes before speaking.

- She wants to be part of the process too.

Lisa didn't look too good when she heard Rose say this, even though she already knew the news, she wasn't happy about it - after all, Anthony's bond was only with the two of them, so maybe he wouldn't even let Suzy get too close.

- It's not an absurd request, if Anthony is going to be part of your life he'll automatically be part of hers too, the problem is Anthony accepting it.

- I'm not going to force him into anything, he's already got enough problems to deal with.

- The three of you could go out together, see how your dynamic works. - Jisoo came up with an idea that pleased Rose and Lisa.

- I'm going to have to file the lawsuit on my own, I need to ask you two a few questions first.

- Of course, you can ask whatever you want, I just want to know first how Anthony is, did he react well to you coming back?

Lisa and Rose gave in the moment they smiled when they heard the little one's name, they remembered the visits they had made to him, sometimes the three of them would paint for hours, he loved doing it with them, he also loved playing in the park and Sarah had allowed him to go once a week, Lisa remembered watching Rose run away from him while the two of them played catch, laughing when he finally managed to touch her.

- You can't stop smiling like fools.

- He's so cheerful, it seems that every time we see him he seems more alive, very different from the boy we met in the street.

- We also saw this change in Lilly when we started visiting her, there's no way girls, he's a piece of both of you now.

- I get nervous thinking about the word "mother". - Lisa said apprehensively.

- We know all too well how frightening the thought of it is, but don't worry, every day is a new learning experience, I was lucky because Jennie is an expert on children, think that now you're lucky too.

- She's right. - Jennie said, staring at her wife. - We're not going to leave you alone in this, even when you think he's ready for his appointments, just let me know.

Lisa became completely interested in Jennie's work after visiting her office, they talked more in depth and Lisa was only more certain that she was the right doctor to accompany Anthony in his problems, firstly because he was going to enter the adoption process and that would change the routine of an abandoned child a lot, secondly his great difficulty in showing and speaking his feelings and desires, that was what worried Jennie the most.

- As soon as we tell them about the adoption, I think it's time to start. - Lisa said with certainty in her voice.

- Do you think it's better for the three of us to go out before we tell you or after? - Rose asked Jennie, still undecided.

- I think it's better if you leave first, because if he doesn't adapt. - Jennie made a sad expression. - You're going to have to make difficult choices Rose, I'm sorry about that but if you're going to be in his life you both have to have a good relationship, he's already going to be very confused having to interact with yet another person.

- Are you really sure about your decision? - Jisoo asked Rose directly and she looked at her over her shoulder.

- I'm sure, guys, and I'm not going to back down, I promised Lisa. - Rose had conviction in her words and after them the conversation became much lighter.

It didn't take long for the four of them to realize that they had a surreal connection, sitting there talking at a restaurant table as if they had been friends for years.

The two of them would certainly make all the difference in the process.