Chapter 9

Pov Kim Jisoo

The bailiff handed another piece of paper to Jennie and me, and we began to read it together, paying attention to every detail.

My vision was already getting blurry after reading so many texts, and I imagined that my wife's was too, but neither of us cared - the happiness in our hearts was so great that it was hard to feel tired throughout the day.

A few more long minutes passed and we finished signing the last three sheets, I took them from Jennie's hands too, putting them all together in a small pile. I intertwined my fingers with Jennie's, feeling her sweaty hand against mine.

- It's all right ladies, Lilly has already been released from the shelter and you can go straight to the registry office to register her name.

Jennie and I looked at each other with tears in our eyes and got up, taking all the necessary papers with us. As soon as we reached the parking lot and realized we were alone, we hugged each other, crying even more. I pulled away to kiss her lips, feeling the salty taste of the kiss, it was a kiss of relief, of happiness, we would finally have our daughter with us with our last name registered.

- Thank you for coming into my life. - Jennie spoke with emotion, stroking my cheek. - We have a family now.

- Yes, my love, from now on we'll only be happy, we're complete now.

We smiled again and hugged each other, I knew exactly what my wife was feeling and I shared the same happiness.

Pov Roseanne Park

I picked up my cell phone, which rang several times as I left the crowded station.

- Hello. - I said, putting my bag on one side of my shoulder.

- Hi Rose, it's Jennie.

- Hi Jennie, how's it going? Did everything work out? - I remembered at that moment that they were about to pick up Lilly and take her home and Lisa and I were thrilled for the two of them.

- It all worked out, we're going to pick her up today.

- Jennie, you don't know how happy I am for you two, you really deserve all the happiness in the world.

- Thanks for your words Rose, I called you to make an invitation.

- Go ahead.

- I'll call Lisa in a bit too, but do you have any commitments this weekend?

- Lisa and I are going to pick up Anthony as usual.

- Can you come over? I'd like you to take Anthony, we're having a little get-together to welcome Lilly.

- Of course, that would be perfect for me, I think Lisa will be very happy to be invited too, and Jisoo, how are you?, you must be jumping for joy. - I laughed and Jennie did the same.

- The three of us are, Lilly was so anxious that Sarah said she didn't sleep tonight.

- Do you think we should pay Anthony a visit in the meantime? - I said worriedly. - He's very attached to Lilly, he's sure to miss her a lot.

- I think it's good, it's important for him to have you two around, especially at times when it might remind him of abandonment.

- I so wish you could see him now. - I sat on a bench looking out at the small park in front of me.

- I'm sorry about that, there are things that are only possible when the adoption is complete, Lisa told me that you've applied but the deadlines haven't encouraged you, have they?