Chapter 8

Narrator Pov

Lisa sat in the cafeteria waiting for Jennie, who said she would be there soon. She stared into the void, sighing heavily and putting her long hair on one side of her face.

She was distressed and worried and those two feelings had only one name Roseanne Park, after the break up Rose didn't answer Lisa anymore even though the subject was Anthony she knew it would take time for Rose to recover, Rose seemed to really love Suzy and had chosen to let her go so that she could be in Anthony's life.

- Good morning. - Lisa was startled to hear Jennie's voice and put her hand to her chest. - Forgive me, Lisa. - The younger girl sat down facing her.

- I've been very forgetful, it's okay.

- Would you like to order something, a coffee? - Jennie asked, running her finger down the menu and looking at the options.

- Just a double espresso. - Lisa said politely, she didn't really have an appetite because of her worries, but it wouldn't be elegant to leave Jennie to eat alone.

They both ordered their coffees. It was very cold that morning in New York, and as if they had agreed, Jennie and Lisa wore jeans and overcoats.

- How are things going? - Jennie asked, placing both hands on the table. She noticed Lisa's nervousness, and felt her leg moving frantically under the table.

- Rose hasn't answered my messages for two weeks, I'm starting to worry Anthony misses her, well of course he doesn't say it in words but I could tell.

- She broke up with me for a year Lisa, that's perfectly normal, what's strange is how worried you actually are. - Lisa stared at Jennie without understanding. - Can I ask you a question?

- No. - She answered nervously, already knowing where the conversation would lead. Jennie smiled and nodded. - Could you stop analyzing me? - Jennie laughed again.

- I'm sorry Lisa, it's automatic but everything will be easier when you accept your own feelings, are you sure this break-up doesn't make you feel any better?

- It's horrible to admit that, Jennie. - Lisa's features showed that these facts didn't make her happy at all, it showed on her face. - It's not fair to be happy about it, Rose won't answer me, Anthony's down and I can hardly concentrate at work.

- Who said having a child would be easy? - Lisa smiled for the first time when she heard those words, realizing just then that she was really beginning her life as a mother.

- You didn't warn me it would be so hard. - Lisa's shoulders finally relaxed, as if some of the weight had come off.

- And look, it's only just beginning, Jisoo and I are already as worried and anxious as you are, and that's not just you, so take it from me, until you have Anthony in your home without any worries, unfortunately it's going to take a while, but when it happens, the happiness won't leave you. And as for Rose, since she won't see you, you should go and see her and take Anthony with you.

- That's a lot of intrusion Jennie, we're not that intimate.

- If you don't, you'd better start creating it, there's a little person in common between the two of you and she needs you both together, I can imagine how much Anthony really misses her, there's nothing you can do Lisa, if you support Rose at this difficult time, the bond between the two of you will become stronger, show her that she's not alone in this decision, consequently she doesn't have to suffer alone, she has you both now.

- Okay Jennie Kim, how much is the consultation? - Jennie and Lisa laughed together and Lisa mentally thanked herself for having found a friendship like hers.