5. training + a 1v1

i will say in this part jst pretend that some people are younger than what they actually would have been and also pretend that some players play for arsenal even if they dont/didnt:)

<about a week later>

today was my first training session with the under 18 girls. i was extremely nervous as i won't have caitlin or lotte there with me. i didn't know anybody. i was years younger than everyone else too. i wasn't going to fit it.

i walked into the arsenal grounds and when straight to the pitch. i was a little bit late as i walked and didn't save enough time for me to get there.
"sorry i'm late" i said, excusing my bad first sight. showing up late to my first training session was probably not the best first impression, but it was alright.
"good morning yn! don't worry about it. this place is a little bit confusing." i smiled at the lady and she smiled back. everyone here looked years older than me. the nerves started to kick in
"everyone, this is yn. she is now apart of this team, so treat her like you treat each other. please be kind and don't be afraid to interact with her, as she doesn't know anyone here yet." the lady seemed nice. i was looking down at my feet but i could feel the burning sensation of everyone's eyes on me. i slowly looked up, to see most of the girls chatting away. i didn't want to talk to anyone as they all seemed pretty occupied with their own conversations. a girl who looked about 18 walked over to me and just stood there until she finally spike up introducing herself
"hiya it's nice to meet you yn, i'm lucy. lucy bronze." she smiled at me as she spoke. i didn't really know what to say. i kinda of hust stood there for a little while before finding the courage to respond
"oh sorry hi it's nice to meet you" i sort of smiled at her but i started to zone out a bit and i just couldn't pull myself out of it.

it was strange being in a team with people years older than me. even though they didn't know how old i was i felt like they thought i would be some shitty 17 year old. a lot of people say i look old for my age, as i'm only 14. nobody but me knew my age, and it was kind of scary to think that.
"so yn" oh shit. here comes the questions
"uh yea?"
"heard you was quite talented."
"did you know?"

i started to get a bit worried. she was probably going to ask about my age. i didn't really want anyone to know about my age, as i think they would judge me for it. i didn't want people to go easy on me. i wanted to be treated the way everyone else was treated. i was good. thats why i was in this team.

"show me. how about after training we all go round to the park and play a match."

oh. right. the park. probably the same park that is right near caitlin's flower shop.

"sure. i bet i could beat some of you guys."
shit. why did i say that. i definitely can not beat any of them.

"ahh do you think so know.?"
gosh. why is everyone like this. all the time.

|(after training at the park)|
"so little girl." lucy says with a slight grin on her face
"think you could beat me?" she continued.

"well maybe i have never seen you play and you have never seen me play. it's sort of a 50/50 chance."
why did i say that. once again. my brain spoke before it thought. now i do have to show her up.

"alright than. lets 1v1."

she walked over to the pitch with me trailing behind her. all the other girls went and sat down on the grass. i wasn't really watching where we were walking, so i looked around. than i saw it. i saw Caitlin's little flower shop. great. exactly what i didn't want. oh well. can't do anything now.

we started to play our 1v1. lucy had most possession of the ball for the first half, scoring 2 goals. but that was good for me. she thought i wouldn't be able to beat her. but now the first half is over, i have learnt how she plays, her tactics, the way she uses her feet. it was all apart of the plan.