1. the escape

i just got home from my walk, when i decided it was time to go. i had been stuck in this hell hole for one too many years now. i ran straight up to my room after quietly shutting the from door and locking it ever so quiet.

i had been living in this hell of a place with my father and step mum since i was about 4, after my father regained custody over me when my mum died in a car accident. it was never the same without her. it has been going downhill since i moved in.

|(FLASHBACK)|
"GET YOUR ARSE UPSTAIRS RIGHT NOW BEFORE I BEAT IT YOUNG LADY" dad yelled as he slammed the door shut
"o-oh o-okay..." i ran upstairs as fast as i could with my bin bag full of clothes and my most favourite teddy. i went to my room and sat on my creaky bed and cried.
"i wish mum never died." i whispered to myself. i sobbed for the next hour or so, until i got called down to make dinner. i could barely run, which made me late for almost everything. my dad expected me to be downstairs by the time he said the last word of his sentence, but that wasn't possible for a 4 year old. i got smacked every time i was late for something, including school and football practice. i got sent to school at an early age, as i was extremely smart. i was put in a class with a bunch of 5 year olds, as i wasn't ready to be with the 6 year olds. was this the beginning of my new favourite place??
|(END OF FLASHBACK)|

"YN GET YOU ARSE DOWNSTAIRS RIGHT NOW!" uh oh. it was this time of the night again. my father had had one too many drinks. he gets really abusive when is drunk.  i can't really remember what he did to me when i was younger, because one time he smacked me so hard i got a concussion and lost all my memories. i can remember my mum though. i will never forget her.
"yea dad?" i said whilst running down the stairs into the living room. you could barely walk in there because of all the empty beer cans.
"get me another case of beers before i make you. hurry now, the game is about to start."
"coming right up" i ran to the kitchen to get another case of beers. i know i really shouldn't get them for him. but i don't want to know what will happen to me if i disobey him. i ran and gave him the case of beers, then proceeded to walk back to my room.

this was it. i cant deal with this anymore. i'm so sore all over my body and i have bruises everywhere. it was time to go. i grabbed my backpack out of my closet and started to pack. i packed most of my clothes, my teddy, my school stuff, money, and most importantly my necklace. my necklace was the last thing i had from my mum. thats how i remember her.

it was late at night, and it was time to go. i couldn't read the clock because it was dark, but i knew it was late. i sneaked down the stairs and through the front door. i did it. i ran a few streets down before stopping to sleep on a bench. i knew i would be woken by the sun in the morning, so i knew i'd be able to get up early and start my journey into london. it wasn't like my dad was gonna even try to come and find me. i was old enough anyway. and yes, when u say old enough i mean 15. i know, i may be young but i am one of a girl. it's not like i won't be able to protect myself. of course i can, i grew up doing soccer until i got pulled out of my classes cause i wasn't playing well. i was strong though. a lot of my friends say that i'm stronger than a 30 year-old man who goes to the gym everyday. which is understandable, i was one of the best on my teams, and i was the closest to getting to the state team out of everyone. well... almost everyone. it was hard to tell. not really. but between me and my best friend, Lotte. she was fucking good. i think she was better than me, but nobody really cared or noticed. i got kicked off the team when i was 9, because that was when i had my concussion. i had to be out for a couple of weeks and when i got back i wasn't doing my full potential. it was hard, the only person who actually understood what i was going through was Lotte. i used to tell her everything. she was the only person i trusted. she moved away from the small town i lived in when we were 10. it was sad to see her go. i lost all contact i had with her and haven't seen her since. i don't think i ever will see her again. she knows like my whole life. expect the past few years. i stopped going to school, i stopped trying my hardest. i kind of just gave up. she motivated me. i'm proud of her though. i know she's getting through life without me. i just can't help remembering the times we had together. *a tear rolled down my cheek* she moved away to be able to get better at football and make it her career. i'm not sure how that is going, but my goal is to just one day go to an arsenal game. either gender is fine. but i prefer the women. i have always supported arsenal. it was my dream to become a professional player.

the sun rose. i'm not sure how long i slept, as i kept waking up. i just hoped i had enough energy to get through the day. my stomach rumbled at me. i was starving. i forgot to pack food, but i bought some money with me luckily. i went down to the closest shop to me. it was about a 10 min walk. i bought myself a ham sandwich and a bottle of water.

i walked pretty much the entire day, well until sunset, when i found a quiet place to settle for the night. i was so tired that i sat down on the floor and instantly fell asleep.