Intimacy

L gently lowers you into the warm water of the bath. The white bubbles on the surface of the water tickle your skin as they pop. The warmth of the water soon surrounds you, drawing the tension out of your muscles while a calm feeling fills your chest, embracing your heart in comfort.

Leaning back into the tub, you watch L put the finishing touches to the atmosphere. He swiftly brings in a tray of treats and tea before dimming the lights, allowing you to fully admire the glow of the strawberry scented candles he had lit.

"Is this enough Y/N?" L asks crouching down.
"Is there anything else I can do to make this better?" L slips a hand into your hair and you lean into it.

"It's perfect L." You say kindly, looking into his eyes with admiration.
"Would you join me?" You ask.

"Absolutely, Y/N." L says, standing up.

L quickly removes his boxers and slides into the tub. You move your back away from the edge so he can sit behind you, the bubbles swaying with the water as L sits down. Leaning into his chest you feel his arms slip under yours to rest on your stomach.

Feeling the sweat and discomfort wash away into the tub, you shut your eyes, finding bliss in the warmth of the bath as L's heart beats behind you.

You sit with L for a while, taking in his presence for as long as possible before you part ways again. You savour his breath on your shoulder, and the brush of his hair against your skin. The way his hands gently lay on the bottom of your stomach and the light pressure of his legs pressing against yours.  

His chest rises and falls against your back, gently rocking you in the water. The gentle motion and sound of water swirling around you sooth your mind. You let your eyelids close, and rest your head against L's shoulder. 

The late hours of the day finally take their toll on your body; sleep encroaching on your mind as you continue to be rocked gently in the water, like a baby in a cradle. 

Then, sweet memories of you and L begin to appear behind your eyes. 

You see some of your first interactions with L. Him laying a blanket over you after you fell asleep reading. Watching him explain the stock market with great intrigue. The first time he invited you to work with him on a case.

The memories fill your chest with a fondness for L.

You remember watching him train his left hand to become ambidextrous after you held hands for the first time. You saw his dexterity favour his left overtime; less cases being solved with his right hand as he held it in yours more often.

Fondness turned to adoration and love as the memories keep coming.

When you started baking and receiving L's compliments. His blushed face after you hugged for the first time. How grateful he was when you came with him to Los Angeles for the BB case. All the times you did jigsaw puzzles together, or watched the sun disappear behind the horizon while sitting in L's lap.

The nerves when you rode in a helicopter with L for the first time. The exhilaration after L took your virginity. The adoration in his eyes every time you brought him treats. The devastation when he had to leave you for the Kira case.

The memories overtook your mind, sending your body into a perceived falling spiral. You felt tired and dizzy as you spun, the desire to continue to relive these moments keeping you from falling asleep.

Suddenly, a hushed deep voice gripped your mind.

"Are you asleep, Y/N?" L asks.

You open your eyes and pull your head off his shoulder, shaking your head.