Body Part

After a 13 hour plane ride, little food, and hours of setting up hotel rooms with cameras and hidden microphones, exhaustion loomed over every one of your slow movements. L was bright eyed through the plane trip, theorizing and hypothesizing on the Kira case. He took extra time setting up and adjusting cameras in just the right position. Even as the sun began to set and L set himself up on the floor of the hotel room, L was impassioned as he began planning for his meeting with the ICPO.

Ready to knock out, you set the tray of dishes of cake and tea next to L. The tray taps the floor with a biting click that agitates your core. You furrow your brow and stand. Turning to leave, L grabs your foot. You look to see his lively eyes stare back at you; a loving glow filling his gaze.

"Thank you for today Y/N." L begins, standing to cup your face.
"I know it was long. And from your sleepy expression, I assume you are tired and need your rest. I will let you sleep, but just know you were so amazing and helpful. From the rest you made me get, to setting up those hotel rooms, and still making me treats so late, I..." L pauses, unable to think of the words to express his gratitude. He strokes your cheek with his thumb and you lean into his touch.
"Thank you. You mean the world to me. Sleep in tomorrow. Wammy can cover your duties until you feel awake. Thank you. I... I-" Just as a warm spark began in your chest, a message appears on L's computer and cuts him off.
"Goodnight Y/N. Sleep well." He plants a kiss on your forehead and crouches back down on the floor.

The loving glow of the moment died as soon as it appeared. The fuzzy feeling in your fingertips faded as you left the room, the weight of your eyelids becoming apparent once more. The walk to your room, while just across the hall, felt like an eternity. Fighting how heavy your legs felt, you enter your room, quickly changing, and diving into your bed for some well deserved sleep.

~

The warm glow of the sun shines on your face as your mind begins to awaken from rest. Your soft sheets still hold you in a comforting embrace. You rub your eyes open, glancing over at the clock. 9 o'clock. You lean your head back into the pillow. 

Beams of light shine off the widows of buildings across the street. Their organized linear lines diving deep into the bustling morning streets. The soft hum of the cars driving in the street below creating a calming background ambience. Your eyes begin to softly shut again. Consumed by the stillness of the room, you fall asleep once more. 

~

The sound of honking cars awoke you once more. The bright morning sun now setting outside of view, the sky was painted in oranges and pinks that glowed behind the clouds. Sitting up, you stretch your arms up high, looking at the alarm clock glowing in the corner. 17 o'clock.

Tossing the sheets off your body, you feel well enough to perform some easy tasks before going back to bed in a few hours. Getting up, you quickly take a shower and dress in a more casual outfit; just a t-shirt tucked into a simple black skirt. 

You cross the hall, back into L's room. Wammy stands by the sofas arranging pillows when you walk in. He greets you with a kind smile and you return the gesture, walking over to help fluff up pillows.

"Hello Y/N. I'm glad to see you awake. Did you sleep well?" Wammy asks.

"Yes Wammy. I slept quite well. Although I do think I'll need to go back to bed in few hours. But I'm willing to help in any way I can until then."

"That's understandable. Take all the time you need to rest." Wammy begins walking to the kitchen and you follow close behind.

"How is L doing?" You ask, looking through the fridge and pantry for a snack to eat.

"L is fine. He's currently in his room testing one of his theories on the case." Wammy explains as you pull out a fruit bowl from the fridge.

"That's nice. Has he asked for much today?" You say, popping a fruit into your mouth.