Favorite Position

Only a few days had passed since you had been with L, but the night kept replaying in your mind. How warm you felt seeing him again. How soothing it was to hear his voice in person. How electric his touch was against your skin. Sloppily decorating treats, you'd get lost reliving the moments in sweet daydreams.

But soon enough, you found yourself riding up the elevator next to a cart full of treats. With your chest full of excitement, your heart beats faster than usual as you watch the numbers on the elevator climb. 

Your mind racing between fluffy and dirty scenarios of the evening, you hardly notice the elevator stop on your floor; getting startled by the opening doors as you are pulled away from your thoughts.

"Good evening, Y/N," Wammy greets you as you push the cart out of the elevator.

"Hello, Watari," you greet the man with a smile after using his code name for the Kira case.
"I have all the treats L ordered for the night; hot chocolate, marshmallows... cookies," you point to all the items as you list them Watari nodding along as you go.

"Perfect. I'm sure he'll love them," the man says with a kind smile.
"If you follow me, I'll drop you off in the security room with L." 

Watari begins walking down the hall, his shoes heavy against the floor. You quickly follow suit, rolling the cart a short distance behind Watari.

After a few turns you reach the end of the hall and Watari knocks on a door. You stop rolling the cart, the hallway going silent for a moment. The turning of the door knob grabs your attention as the door opens to L's presence.

"Come in." L mumbles, his hand gesturing you and Watari to enter as L walks further into the room.

"I will not stay long, I just had to escort Y/N this first time." Watari says as you roll the cart of treats over to the chair facing several television sets.

"Y/N," L starts, as he climbs into his chair. 
"You have been given a keycard, yes?" He asks.

You pull the card out of your pocket and nod your head.

"Do you understand the layout of the floor?" L asks you again.

You nod your head again, sliding the keycard into your pocket. L looks over your shoulder at Watari as L speaks up once more.

"Thank you for the help today Watari. You may take your leave for the night." L speaks bluntly before Watari sets off for the night, waving as he shuts the door.

L grabs a cookie off the cart, popping it into his mouth before typing into his laptop. Still standing by the cart, you drop your gaze to the TVs in front of L.

All the screens showed security camera footage, with time stamps in the lower right corner. Two men were being recorded in baron prison cells, while a third blond woman was tied up and blindfolded in a separate empty room.

"Which one is Kira?" You ask L as he places his computer down and takes a proper bite of his cookie.

"The woman is Misa Amane, and the younger male is Light Yagami. Both are under surveillance for possibly being Kira." L says in responce.

"Then who is the older man? Is he a suspect from another case?" You ask again.

"The older man is Soichiro Yagami, the current chief of the NPA and the father of Light Yagami." L says pouring a cup of hot chocolate for himself.

"I thought you had mentioned working with the chief of the NPA for the case. Why is he in containment?" You ask while watching L add marshmallow after marshmallow to his mug.

"I have been working with both Light and his father on the case for a bit now. Light has been my prime suspect for most of the investigation, and in aims to get that target off his back, he offered to put himself under 24 hour surveillance. Soichiro has been adamant that his son is not Kira the entire investigation, so hearing Light would be going into confinement, Soichiro went as well to substantiate his son's innocence." L blows steam away from his hot drink and hesitantly takes a sip.