//SPECIAL TRANSMISSION: Author's Note

Hello there, friends and readers!

Well, it's finally finished. After many long years, unexpected hiatuses, and surprise changes, the end of the Dorn Saga has arrived with Dorn and his friends leaving to head off on a brand-new adventure in the Unknown Regions.  I won't be stopping my fanfictions any time soon, but Dorn's story has come to a close. It feels like I'm leaving behind old friends as I write this to officially close out Dorn's story, but it's been an amazing ride. 

Dorn is a special character for me. He was the protagonist of my first real story and won the hearts of so many people that I couldn't have even anticipated. Him and the crew of the Summa have a story that spans the entirety of the Skywalker Saga and beyond, and sitting here seeing him leave us for one last time is a bittersweet experience for me. I know that wherever he's going, he's going to keep making all of you proud.

I wanted to take this note to thank all of my long-time readers who have been following this saga since I first posted Buckets over four years ago. Time certainly flies, and I can barely believe that it's finally over. You have all been amazingly supportive in this journey and came back even after I vanished for months on end, and I cannot even begin to start properly thanking you for how much this support means to me as a writer. I hope that you continue to show me your support as we embark on new adventures through the galaxy. To everyone reading it for the first time, thank you for being a part of this journey with me, and I hope that you enjoyed it as much as I did writing it. It's been a wild and crazy ride.

Who really knows? Maybe when future movies and shows come out in the Star Wars universe, we may find our way back aboard the Summa with Dorn and company again, but for now, this is where we part ways with him, Nyra, and Sevens - standing at the edge of the galaxy as they head off into the great unknown in search of a greater evil lurking in the shadows and knowing that whatever it is, they succeeded against it.

This story did, after all, happen a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.

- Salt Trooper