Well, this was better than the day at the club.

She finished with the cupcake and stood straight up, turning to me, she glanced around the tables filled with customers. “If you’re here to see the boys, they didn’t show up to–.”

“No, I’m here to see you. But if you’re busy we can–”

“No, I wanna talk to you.” She glanced at the brunette and then, back to me. “Give me a minute to take care of this,” She said, pointing at the apron wrapped around her.

I nodded and watched her walk away, before sauntering to a vacant table beside the glass wall and sitting on it. I took a sip from my coffee and cast my gaze outside on the road, which shimmered with morning sunlight, and filled with people on the sidewalk.

The text from Carl slipped into my mind, and I couldn’t help but wonder if he was already here. Had I shown too much on my vlogs? Would he figure out where I lived?

I heaved a loud sigh and darted my gaze to my phone. I screen-grabbed his text and after that, I logged into Instagram and tapped on me and Maya’s chat box. She hadn’t replied to my good morning text, and I figured she was probably working. I was about to mark Carl’s text photo when a loud screech filled the air, causing me to jerk, my phone almost falling off my hand. My finger accidentally marked and sent the photo. Hastily, I left the app, turned off my phone screen and placed it on the table. I grabbed my coffee from the table and took a sip.

“Hey,” Julia said.

Dropping my coffee cup on the table, I smiled. “Hey,” and silence fell through.

“I–”

“I–”

We said simultaneously and there was another passing silence. This was getting awkward.

“You can go first,” I smiled, reaching for my coffee again.

“Okay,” she shifted in her seat, leaning into the table and placing her arms on it. “I’m sorry about the other day,” She started and I narrowed my eyes on her. “At the club, I mean, I don’t do well with alcohol in my system and we’ve had enough of it before y’all showed up on that night.” She chuckled.

I slightly tilted my head to the side with my brows raised. Seriously, I wasn’t expecting her to apologize.

My lips curved in a smile. “Seriously I have been thinking about that a lot, and I’m glad it was just the alcohol. I mean, you know, I wouldn’t steal your friends from you.” I said, chuckling lightly, and she nodded.

She glanced at the barista and my gaze trailed behind hers, there were now two customers in front of the counter. When her gaze settled back on me, she smiled. “You wouldn’t be able to.”

“I know,” I said. “They are really nice people and for Nicklaus…” I paused, holding her gaze.“I mean, we already met before I met y’all. His apartment is right above mine and–”

“Nicklaus already told me,” she said and my eyes narrowed at her. “We kind of talked… about you. You know…” she shrugged and I remained silent wondering what they might have discussed about me. “I was such a dick to you at the club and I’m sorry for being mean.”

“What did Nicklaus say about me?” I was smiling and I didn’t know why.

Julia stared at me for a second like she didn’t think it was important to say, but I wanted to know. Then, she decided to speak up, “Nothing much,” she shrugged. “Is that important?”

“Mhmm… Yeah.” I shrugged too. “For all I know, Nicklaus might have said some shit about me,” I chuckled. I knew he didn’t. I just wanted to hear whatever thing he said about me.