13

the Internet was already in a turmoil, but Zheng Ciyi devoted herself wholeheartedly to the audition.

  It would be a lie to say that you are not nervous. As long as people have desires and expectations, they will act cautiously, and this seriousness of determination will quickly turn into pressure, covering people until they can't breathe.

  After many years, Zheng Ciyi once again felt the suffocation she had when she first entered the industry. This not only made her unable to help but take a deep breath to restore her mentality, but also made her blood boil and her whole body on fire.

  In such a state, it is easy to perform badly or to perform abnormally. Fortunately, Zheng Ciyi is the latter.

  This scene tells the story of Liang Songshi, played by Zheng Ciyi, discovering that she is pregnant. Because the father of the child is the biggest villain in the play, the birth of this child is destined not to be blessed.

  Even Liang Songshi herself regarded it as a scourge and wanted to abort the child many times. After the child was finally born, she quickly gave him to a wealthy family for adoption.

  This plot plays a crucial role in Leung Song-shih and even the subsequent rhythm of the entire film. The director gave the actor two minutes of solo time.

  But because there was no one to act with and the script did not describe it in detail, this scene was very difficult. Many actors who auditioned were rejected because they couldn't find a good way to perform. Even He Chuyu, who has temporarily won, did not meet the director's requirements.

  How should Zheng Ciyi behave?

  Zheng Ciyi spent a few days and came up with a clever idea for herself.

  It was mentioned in the film that Liang Songshi appeared on a mission with a cigarette between her arms. It was such a small detail that few people paid attention to it, but Zheng Ciyi took it out again here.

  After reading the test report and learning that she was pregnant, the character Liang Songshi she played calmly went to find a cigarette in the drawer. She then leaned on the table, crossed her legs, and put the hand holding the cigarette on her knees.

  After sitting quietly for a while, she finally opened the lighter and was about to light a cigarette, but when she saw the flame jumping up, she suddenly thought of something.

  Her pretense of calmness was finally broken, her delicate eyebrows frowned tightly, and her originally long breathing became short. She seemed to be struggling with the fire, moving closer and away again.

  In the end, she chose to compromise, threw away the cigarette and lighter, and burst into tears as she closed her eyes.

  The set of this scene was set indoors, surrounded by the typical decoration style of a small mansion during the Republic of China, with a large piece of mahogany furniture as the background, and a very low crystal lamp hanging from the top.

  Liang Songshi was sitting there, her back always straight because of pride. However, the face with exquisite makeup was full of deep fatigue.

  The set was silent, everyone was shocked by this performance, and everyone was surrounded by the low-pressure emotions she constructed, so that they were silent for a long time and unable to speak.

  A cigarette vividly portrays Liang Songshi's image as a first-time mother. After the depression and pain, she hoped to use tobacco to calm down, but she began to hesitate when she thought of the child in her belly.

  Fighting against fire is more like fighting against oneself, until finally she succumbed to her mother's instinct and protected her child, but she also shed painful tears after such a compromise.