Scene 15 | Humanity Cannot Be Without Sins

Start from the beginning

As time passes on, there was still no sign of the ex-archon in Fontaine. Clorinde had buried the feeling of dread and had a feeling that Furina would never come back out of her hatred for what they've done. The only way she could atone now was to never do such a thing again and to ensure Fontaine's safety for her sake.

She never knew that the source of her regret would appear in the most unexpected ways.

The Champion Duelist stared as she watched the person she's been looking for sit over the couch with a long black wig on her hands. She looked at the white hair she was used to seeing being proper and regal now messed up and tussled with strands sticking out in different directions. She was wearing a dark blue blindfold and her mouth wide opened as the two stared.

"Lady Furina? "

The ex-archon stood up suddenly and the wig fell. She heard something ripping and Furina hissed in pain. Clorinde's face paled when she saw crimson falling down the floor, the smell of iron too familiar to her-- entered her noses. It made her remember that Furina was only mortal, human, like her.

"Lady Furina--"

"You're not supposed to be here." The white haired hissed, voice ice cold to the bone and Clorinde was not used seeing this side of her. She didn't even notice the blood on the floor. "Why are you here, Clorinde?"

But that wasn't what worried the Champion Duelist. "Please Lady Furina you're bleeding--"

"Do not call me Lady Furina!"

She took one more step back from her and Clorinde noticed how her trembling hand reached out for the sheathe on her hips and the ex-archon growled when she didn't find anything there. "What are you going to do now? Are you going to tell Neuville-- The Chief of Justice, that I was here? Or maybe to your archon, Focalors?"

Clorinde never thought she would be so troubled than she is today. The Champion Duelist didn't know what to do except but to stay from she was standing and not scare her anymore. She hasn't seen this panicked side of the white haired, nor for her fear to be directed at her as if she'll cut her down.

"W-wh-- you would raise your sword against a God?" Furina asked pointing a finger to the Champion Duelist.

'Why?' She felt like it was what Furina's eyes really wanted to ask. The tears ready to fall off, but one blink and it disappeared shutting her mouth and her expression replaced by a dramatic and mocking expression.

She raised her hand and Clorinde narrowed her eyes ready to retaliate. She saw how Furina had flinched and the pain slipped again from her mismatched eyes. But as always the archon conceded and smoothly drifted the audience's attention through the weave of her words and brought claps through the upcoming climax.

Again she was defeated by her without even needing the use of swords.

The indigo haired pursed her lips and didn't move, her posture stiff. "I won't hurt you La-- Miss Furina." Clorinde gently clarified.

"And I won't tell Monsieur Neuvillette or Lady Focalors. My lips are sealed."

Furina didn't answer immediately as dark blue blindfolds stared at her like she was crazy. "And why would you do such thing? Don't you realize the sheer absurdity of your words?"

Mistrust. Betrayal. Pain. Guilt. Traitor.

Clorinde summoned her sword out of thin air, making the white haired alarmed. the Champion Duelist merely threw it away in the distance and raised both of her hands up in the air. "I know it's hard to believe after what I've done. But please know I mean no harm, you may never trust me but I..."