Chapter 3 Madam Cui

Start from the beginning

By the time Lan Xia and Fu Lu came back, there was no trace of Cui Muli and Song Zhi in the courtyard.

Lan Xia's hand holding the tray was shaking a little, "Young .. , Young .., Young Lady, is the Second Young Master angry?"

Seeing that Xie Miao's face remained as usual, Fu Lu breathed a sigh of relief and said, "Second Young Master has read the books of sages and is a gentleman so he won't argue with us."

"That's good, that's good." Lan Xia put the tea on the small table. She put a piece of mung bean cake on the plate and handed it to Xie Miao, "Miss, try it quickly. The Second Young Master went to Bazhenzhai to buy these pastries especially for you."

Bazhenzhai's pastries are extremely famous. They are limited to 200 pieces per day. They are sold at midnight and will be sold out when they are sold out. It is heard that one has to queue up to buy them in the darkest hours!

Lan Xia felt that she had been careless just now: the Second Young Master was cold-faced but warm-hearted and he was actually very interested in the Young Lady!

Without even looking at it, Xie Miao said: "I don't like sweets so you can share the food."

Lan Xia and Fu Lu have been serving Xie Miao since she was a child so they naturally know that she doesn't like sweets but this is a gift from the Second Young Master. In the past, she would eat all of it even if she didn't like it.

Lan Xia was heartless and started eating happily without caring so much.

Fu Lu frowned secretly and asked, "Miss, why don't you let the Second Young Master sit for a while longer?"

Xie Miao said: "Cousin Cui has many things to be busy with."

After saying that, she covered her face with silk and began to bask in the sun.

The news that Cui Muli went to visit Xie Miao quickly reached Madam Xie's ears. She suddenly felt that good things were not far away. She was about to chat with Xie Miao about the bright future but she heard Xie Miao say: "Aunt, I have been restless recently. I want to go to Qingxin Temple and stay for a few days."

These words aroused Madam Xie's thoughts again. Remembering that Xie Miao had been having troubles for half a month, she readily agreed, "Go ahead and come back when you feel better."

Xie Miao hesitated to speak.

In fact, what she wanted to say was more than that. She also wanted to say: Aunt, the secular world is too disturbing. I want to take the tonsure and become a nun - but Madam Xie will probably think that she is possessed by evil spirits and tie her up directly.

Xie Miao cried silently: How can I break up with such a strong and capable aunt?

In the end, she swallowed the words back but she had already thought of a roundabout strategy: from time to time, she would go to Qingxin Temple to stay for a few days, then half a month, then a few months... such a step-by-step process, her aunt would get used to it.

Just like her aunt, she was not a Buddhist in her previous life but in the end she was used to sitting quietly in a room surrounded by incense.

Over time, you will get used to it.

*

Before leaving, Xie Miao went to see Madam Cui. Except for Madam Li's daughter-in-law, Feng, who went home to visit relatives, all the wives and young ladies were there.

Madam Cui is in her sixties with silver hair all over her head and a kind look on her face. She was sitting on a mahogany chair covered with half-worn dark brown cushions. The third lady Madam Wu was kneading her shoulders. The eldest lady, Madam Li was sitting aside looking at the embroidery and several young ladies were chattering around their grandmother.