Chapter 2 Visiting sick cousin Xie

Start from the beginning

Xie Miao understood Madam Xie's mood very well. After all, in her previous life, she and Madam Xie were of the same mind and would not have her marry anyone other than Cui Muli. But after living again, she changed her mind. Not to mention marrying Cui Muli, she even wants to meet him as little as possible.

She tried hard to turn things around, "Aunt, I have thought about it carefully. Cousin Cui will be someone who will do great things in the future but I have no ambitions. I'm afraid I won't be able to keep up with him. He and I are really not suitable so you don't have to bother with that anymore."

Madam Xie mistook her words for a moment of sadness and said clearly: "Don't be discouraged, A-Miao. Aunt will think of another solution. You take care of yourself first."

After saying that, she asked Lan Xia to bring two bowls of decoction and forced Xie Miao to drink it on the spot.

Xie Miao frowned and finished drinking but still did not give up, "Aunt, I have really thought about it. I have no intention towards Cousin..."

No matter how Xie Miao explained it, Madam Xie thought that she was just angry. It made Xie Miao so angry that she wants to fall down.

That's it. This matter needs to be considered in the long term. Xie Miao suddenly asked: "Aunt, I am a little confused because of my illness. What day is today?"

Madam Xie said: "You have been ill for five days and today is the fifth day of September."

Xie Miao counted the days. On the fifth day of September, there was still one and a half month before Madam Cui's sixtieth birthday.

She looked at Madam Xie's flat belly. In a month and a half, new life would be born here and she would have a little brother.

She leaned into Madam Xie's arms and warned worriedly: "Aunt, you have to take good care of yourself and don't tire yourself out."

Madam Xie laughed, stroked her hair and said, "You are the one who is sick now, why are you worried about me? Listen to your Aunt and take good care of your body and you will have everything you need."

Xie Miao thought: She is no longer greedy in this life. All she wants is that her aunt and her upcoming brother live a safe life. As for the rest, she is too lazy to think about it.

*

When Cui Shishuo returned to his room from court, Madam Xie took the initiative to undress and remove his hat for him.

Cui Shishuo is nearly forty years old with slightly white temples and elegant temperament but there is coldness between his eyebrows and he seems to be worried.

Madam Xie made him a cup of tea then stood behind him and massaged his shoulders and neck. Cui Shishuo took a sip of tea then relaxed his brows for a while and reached out his hand to cover Madam Xie's fingers.

"Is everything okay at home?" he asked.

Madam Xie followed his lead and sat on a chair nearby, "Everything is fine."

When Cui Shishuo saw that his wife was no longer worried, he smiled and said, "A-Miao is awake?"

Madam Xie raised her eyebrows and said, "Has someone informed the Master?"

"None." Cui Shishuo joked: "If A-Miao hadn't woken up, you wouldn't be in the mood to make tea for me and rub my shoulders."

Madam Xie knew that he was referring to the fact that he couldn't even see her when he came back a few days ago so her face heated up slightly, "Master!"

Cui Shishuo stopped teasing her, "How is A-Miao?"

"The doctor said that the pneumonia has entered the lungs. Although there is no serious problem, she still needs to take a good rest." Madam Xie couldn't help but think about it, "She just fell down not long ago and now she fell into the water and caught a cold. Did A-Miao encounter something dirty causing these misfortune?"