Chapter 10- Forbidden Secrets

Central Hub of New Eros, 25th floor.
Time- 10:01 pm.

When Alex and Ava entered the research lab, they found the place quite terrifying. Even though all of the lights were switched off, the only source of light came from large cylindrical tubes filled with green liquid. The lab was decorated with poisonous flowers, small tubes, chairs, and other equipment. Alex and Ava were surprised that no one was there to stop or attack them.

Alex stretched her arms. "Alright. Just because there's no one here right now, doesn't mean you shouldn't keep your guard down. What we're looking for is a Vernacular Rose, a black-coloured rose with no thorns. It is said that this rose provides power to created mutants." She said.

"You bet." Ava sighed. "Don't forget, I need one petal of that to heal my cracks."

"Ah, yes. That also."

And with that, The twins headed their separate ways.

Ava hurriedly searched all the drawers present in the lab, but sadly, she found more test tubes. Throughout the search, Ava found a bunch of dishevelled folders and random relics. Why would anyone keep that in a research lab, Ava thought. She also found a bunch of camera setups and a packet of chips.

When they met again near the entrance, They reported their discoveries to each other.

"I haven't found anything valuable." Ava sighed in frustration.

"Me too."

Suddenly they heard the noise of a machine moving. The twins were in shock.

"Did you hear that???" Alex said, in a fearful way.

"Yeah. Should we go check it out?"

"I don't believe that is our objective. It may lead us astray."

"Good point." and the twins were off to search again.

A few minutes later, Ava heard someone shout. It was Alex.

"AVA! COME HERE! IT'S IMPORTANT!"

"Ugh, what is it?"Ava sprinted to Alex before looking at what she was looking at.

"I think I found it."

Ava was amazed to find two black roses labelled 'Vernacular Rose #0215' and 'Vernacular Rose #0216' in a small pot.

"Alright! That was an easy task, wasn't it-"

Suddenly, from out of nowhere, a katana flew towards Alex. Ava quickly blocked the blade with her scythe and it disappeared into the darkness.

"-or not..."

Alex was now alert. "WHO ARE YOU? SHOW YOURSELVES! DON'T JUST HIDE IN THE DARKNESS THINKING NO ONE WILL NOTICE YOU!"

A ninja figure slowly stepped out of the darkness. The twins drew their weapons and turned to face the attacker who had caught them off guard.

"Greetings. I'm Mia Sumioshi. I'm just a regular ninja prototype representing The Directive. And you two must be Alexandria and Avaria Rei, affirmative?"

This line was spoken by a ninja who was concealed in steel armour, from head to toe. Her voice sounded formal and serious at the same time.

"Ah. So you're the one who tried an assassination attempt on me. "What exactly are you expecting from me?" Alex said, boldly.

"Affirmative. You know that unauthorized people, especially humanoid robots, are not allowed. So I am surprised about the audacity you had to enter and touch items."

"I don't care. We're here to look for something important, So please-" Alex tried to pluck the flowers.

But Mia knew every step of her enemy's moves. She grabbed her arm and managed to throw her a few meters away. "You are not supposed to do this."