Chapter 2- Ambush

Ava was surrounded by guards wearing black clothes and holding guns outside Port Aria.

"FREEZE!" One of them said.

"What did I do? I didn't do anything, did I?

"The Headmaster wants to see you."

"Headmaster? Of what group?"

The guard sighed. "So we haven't told you, huh? Let me make this short and clear. We're from The Directive, being the current rulers of the city. Our Headmaster wants you for something, but we can't tell you what it is. It's classified.

"It's classified? tell me this: who is this 'Headmaster' of yours?"

"I can't, ma'am. It is also classified."

"Well, I won't come till you tell me who it is-"

"Then we'll have to bring you forcefully. GUARDS!"

Ava felt bad. She was being taken as a prisoner randomly, and she didn't know why. Her sister Alex hasn't arrived yet; she would have talked with them and bailed her out. Out of desperation, she clutched her jade hairpin in her pocket. But little did she know, she had accidentally pushed the central bud of the flower, which was a button.

In a flash, the hairpin floated out of her pocket, before turning into beautiful blue ribbons dancing in the sky. The next moment, she was holding a scythe.

"I KNEW IT! I KNEW THAT SHE WOULD BE HOLDING A WEAPON! SHE'S ARMED! OPEN FIRE!!!"The guard shouted at his comrades. They started shooting, but none of them could reach her, for she deflected all of them with her scythe. Within two quick slashes, almost all the guards were cut into two pieces.

One of the guards threw a boomerang at her, but she ducked. when it came back, she once again deflected it and slashed the guard through the stomach There was another one who was shooting at her, but she chopped up her head.

The squad leader, however, somehow managed to dodge all that and ran at a safe distance. He quickly took out his phone from his pocket.

"WE'RE UNDER ATTACK! REQUESTING BACKUP-"

He had been shot, for Ava had turned her scythe into a gun via the same process.

"If I'm getting arrested for no reason and my sis isn't here, I'll happily choose the path of violence.", Ava said, looking at the leader of the squad, who was lying dead. But little did she know, a giant spider robot was behind her. She noticed it only when it raised one of its arms to attack. She quickly dodged it by jumping and then spinning, before landing in a distance.

The robot looked very dangerous. It was about to attack once again. That's when she heard someone shout the following:

"ELEMENTAL TECHNIQUE: THUNDEROUS ENTRANCE!"

Within the blink of an eye, a bolt of yellow lightning hit the robot. The next moment, that robot was split in half. The person who did it had struck a pose. She was covered by dust, but when the dust cleared, Ava managed to recognize her.

It was her sister.

Alex was short for Alexandria Rei, being Ava Rei's twin sister. By her appearance, she looked almost the same as her sister, except there were 2 distinct changes:
1- Everything in blue was replaced by the colour yellow.
2- There were lightning bolts on her cheeks instead of pink scratches.

She had a type of staff, which was a stick with an inverted triangle attached to it. From there, a yellow plasma beam would come out, like a lightsaber.

She deactivated the plasma beam, got up, looked at Ava, and said: "Where the hell have you gone? I was looking for you! Didn't I say to stay at the top of the Central Hub?"

"I wasn't allowed. It was illegal. And besides, didn't you send me that message to come here?"

"I didn't send you that message..."

"I knew it. Someone must have hacked our communications. Let's head back before more of those guys show up."

"Alright then," Alex said, following Ava as she rushed to her bike. They left the port easily, but...

There was a guard whom Ava forgot to kill...

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

<<New Message>>

From: The Author
To: The Readers

<<MESSAGE START>>

Hey guys!
Sorry for the long wait but chapter 2 is finally out!
Here's an important announcement for you all: I won't be able to write more chapters till the 8th of December because of exams :( But if you are seeing this after the aforementioned date and chapter 3 hasn't been released, that might mean I'm not getting time to write because of my weird daily routine :P
Also, I apologise if you find my grammar kinda weird, this is my first time writing this book so I'm kind of nervous right now. I'll try my best!!
Wishing everyone the best of luck in their PT2 Exams !!!
Yours Truly,
The Author.

<<MESSAGE END>>