Chapter 9- In The Club

New Eros Central Hub, 24th floor.
Time- 9:30 pm.

The Ball venue was stunning as always, especially when one is standing on the top floor. The ceiling was adorned with dazzling lights, and men dressed in tuxedos were dancing everywhere. People even danced above the chandelier, it felt magnificent to be there.

Sapphire approached the twins shortly.

"Beautiful, eh?" Sapphire chuckled with glee.

"Of course! I wasn't expecting to be here in such an era!" Ava smiled.

"Great to see you both having a good time. Just a reminder, we planned to mingle with the crowd until 10 or 11 pm, and then we'll receive our prizes. It's important to note that we don't have to stay for the prizes. Instead, you two will head to the floor above, and I'll join you later. Is that clear?"

"Understood."

"Good. Now, if you excuse me, I have some other things to attend to. See you later." Sapphire said, trotting off downstairs.

"And there she goes." Alex sighed. "Well, what do you think we should do?"

"I don't know. Let's just stay here for a while. I feel nervous about going down there." 

"Sure."

For the next few minutes, Ava quietly glanced at the beautiful scenery in front of her. She hadn't been outside in crowd events for a while, so she felt nervous about going downstairs. During her search, she found two people dressed in frocks. Both women. One had short and braided black hair while the other had a brown, medium 'wolf cut'. Both were talking to each other, holding what seemed to look like a glass of wine. The two's faces weren't visible, because they were looking at a small concert-like stage in front of them. For some reason though, one of them- the one with short and braided black hair- had an aura that felt similar to a certain someone...

But she's dead, years ago. Maybe I'm dreaming. It can't be her.

A few minutes later, Alex placed her arm on Ava's shoulder. "What happened? You look worried." She asked.

"Uhh, nothing!" Ava lied.

"So... you wanna go downstairs?"

"Sure!"

And just like that, the two went downstairs.

Downstairs, it felt like standing amidst a crowd of peacocks. Some people were trying to invite the twins to dance, even if they didn't know who they were! It was a weird feeling. Suddenly, an old lady in formal clothing approached Alex and said, "𝑀𝒶'𝒶𝓂, 𝐼 𝓈𝑒𝑒 𝓎𝑜𝓊'𝓇𝑒 𝒸𝒶𝓇𝓇𝓎𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶𝓃 𝒾𝓃𝓈𝓉𝓇𝓊𝓂𝑒𝓃𝓉. 𝐼𝓉 𝒾𝓈𝓃'𝓉 𝒶𝓁𝓁𝑜𝓌𝑒𝒹 𝓉𝑜 𝒸𝒶𝓇𝓇𝓎 𝑜𝓃𝑒 𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒 𝓊𝓃𝓁𝑒𝓈𝓈 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓌𝒶𝓃𝓉 𝓉𝑜 𝓅𝑒𝓇𝒻𝑜𝓇𝓂 𝒻𝑜𝓇 𝒶 𝓌𝒽𝒾𝓁𝑒. 𝒟𝑜 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓌𝒶𝓃𝓉 𝓉𝑜 𝓅𝒶𝓇𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒾𝓅𝒶𝓉𝑒?"

Alex was carrying what looked like a Harmonica, but it was the same black cuboid that Ava received the help message.

"H-Huh??" Alex was surprised. She wasn't expecting this question from anyone like that old lady. She was in a daze, wondering what to answer, when she accidentally found herself saying, "Y-Yes! I sure love to do so!"

"𝒢𝑜𝑜𝒹. 𝒯𝒽𝑒𝓃 𝒻𝑜𝓁𝓁𝑜𝓌 𝓂𝑒."

Alex was horrified when she realized she had said the wrong thing, but she followed the old lady anyway. The lady led her to the stage where Ava was waiting and cheering her on.

"Go, Alex! You can do it!"

Alex took a deep breath. She took out the black cuboid- the Multi-Purpose Cuboid- and then pushed one of its sides. A few holes came out. She put her mouth into one and started blowing gently. The music that came out of the 'instrument' was wonderful. Everyone gasped in awe as Alex played a sweet tune that felt like everyone would dance and cry at the same time.

After finishing, she swiftly placed the cuboid in a small bag and left the stage, heading directly to Ava.

"Damn girl, that was great!"Ava clapped.

"Shut up. It's cringe."

"No!"

"Anyways, I think it's about time."

"Yeah. I think so."

As they made their way up the stairs, the excitement of what awaited them at the top began to build. The anticipation of what was to come was almost palpable in the air. They continued their ascent, eager to discover what was waiting for them.

The twins went to the bathroom to change. They came out with their usual clothing- Ava wore a cropped black jacket with white outlines and a bright, turquoise inner lining. For Alex, it was the same, but in yellow.

After changing clothes, the twins headed upstairs, to floor 25. They now faced an orange door with a signboard that said -'Authorised Personnel Only'.

"Well, let's just hope no one is there," Ava said, stretching her arms.

"I don't think anyone is there anyway."

"Oh."

"Also remember, Sapphire will come later. So it is best to avoid fights with anyone till she comes."

"Oh. Okay."

And the two opened the door to the research lab which made them shook in horror.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*