Chapter ♡ 11

So much for a one-on-one date – after self-defence, we all go to the nearest shopping mall together.

First, we go to a giant outlet full of sporty stuff, including gym equipment. Seth gives everyone a few tips, like getting most of it delivered so they don't lug any weights home.

Then we eventually end up in Denbark – the same wolf brand that Melody found me the new white dress. It's got clothes for both sexes, so Clyde and Jim try on some new jackets and jeans. Lynda is invested in new sunhats, she ends up holding at least three she's going to buy. Audrey, Violet and I end up at the dress racks – and not just the day-dresses.

Violet picks up a dark purple slip of a thing, for going out, "My fiancé will love this," Violet grins at the thought, "I see you both staring – come on, let's try one each. Practice. Choose a color," before we can choose, Violet does, "Emerald green for you, Audrey. White for you, Elizabeth."

"I want to try this black one," I grab it off the rack before she can pass me the white, "I already have a white dress."

There was a reason I avoided short dresses, and it's because I had scarring on random parts of my thighs from the night I was attacked – the forest was an unforgiving place. So were the wolves. The marks were on my upper thighs, and you'd be able to see them in this dress. However, more than moving past hiding the scars, I had a little devious plan forming in my mind.

"Wait out here, we'll be back," Violet wags a finger at Seth, who's standing back on alert, keeping an eye on all of us scattered about the shop. He's a sentry on duty, and I like the way he crosses his arms across his tight black shirt, "We want your opinion, Seth! Don't go anywhere!"

"You'll get it," Seth playfully responds, but as Violet turns he looks over to me, eyes still smouldering from earlier.

He was both appreciative of my efforts and annoyed about me always pushing him further. I understood well that healing wasn't linear.

And right now, I wanted Seth to think beyond our problems.

I wanted him to see me in a different light.

Melody's advice rolls around in my head including all the things she has told me about werewolf behaviours and quirks. Even as humans they like to smell each other's scents and hair. Seth liked to get close to my head for that purpose, sniffing my hair was an automatic bonding behaviour. It was a friendly thing.

But – there was another aspect of scent that mattered to wolves too.

Melody joked about how she met Bryon – she wore no panties to seduce him the first time. Told me that when he noticed, he was on her in a second flat.

I always wondered if that was exaggerated for the story. I'm about to find out.

In my change room, I slip on the tiny black dress and I slip off my panties.

I'm going to wear it for all of 1 minute, walking out and walking back in.

It was a harmless test.

Besides – the shop was full, and the whole group was here.

I just wanted to tease Seth, see if he reacted any way or if he'd even notice.

I check myself out in the mirror and I release my hair from the bun, letting the length fall over my shoulders since the dress was strapless.

I feel like a different person. My eyes might look too wide and freaked out – maybe it'll be a permanent feature – but I don't hate it. I understand my expression. I love my body. I love how it keeps me alive – a survivor, a fighter.