18.

With curiosity, taehyung picked up the paper in his hand and began to unfurl it.

But before he could unfurl the entire paper, he turned his head towards the sound of the office room door opening.

"You...?" Taehyung asked as soon as Lisa walked through the door and went straight to the couch and sat with crossing her legs as if she owned the office.

"Why..? Did I catch the thief red-handed while stealing?" A smile tugging on her lips seeing taehyung all bothered.

And that's what Lisa wants to see Taehyung suffer.After hearing the conversation of mrs.jeon and taehyung at home from behind, lisa came up with a plan and went straight to the office.

To crush the little relationship that developed between them..

"You know what rubbish you're talking about...I just came here to give a file."He tried to defend himself as he put the paper in its actual place and stood directly in front of Lisa.

"You delivered it right...so what are you still doing here?"

"Hyung asked me to wait here" lisa can't help but clench her hands into fists. Jeongguk never likes to meet someone in personal at his place of work where he asks him to wait, is he too special? Is there something unique about Taehyung that Jeongguk doesn't see in Lisa?

No matter what,there was no way she was going to let them have a nice moment today.

So lisa lowered his head, suddenly she started laughing as if Taehyung told her a joke

"What's so funny?" The word slipped out of taehyung's mouth in confusion as liza got up from her place and stood in front of him and wiped the imaginary tears from her eyes from laughing.

"Ohh my Ggukei..How kind of him to ask you to stay to show his gratitude even though he already has a lunch date..."She stressed the word 'date' as her lips curled upward in a smirk

"Date???"

"Yes..A lunch date with me.A while ago he called me and asked me to come here..You know right when couples feed each other, hold hands and do romantic things.." She made up a story, which was nothing but a lie.

But taehyung doesn't know that..it was true for him. So he stared at her with wide eyes taken aback by her words. For some reason
Taehyung was expecting that when Jeongguk returned from the meeting, he would show him around the office and then they would have lunch together. Now taehyung felt rather foolish, despite Jeongguk telling him to wait as he stayed..

Taehyung's heart shuttered into pieces..

So why did he ask him to stay, to witness their date?

"Then w-why did he.." Taehyung finally managed to stutter out. Lisa kept her smirk on her lips as she stepped aside, interrupting him to completing his sentence as she said "Maybe he has shown kindness to you and asked you to stay since you did his work..."

"Do you think Jeongguk has accepted you as his husband?.....Naaaa How can one accept his brother's ex-boyfriend as his husband.It makes me sick to think how he stays with you..who knows, Just to keep the promise of his family,he has to endure so much....such a poor guy" Lisa made a fake pout.

Taehyung felt sick.He was breathing but it felt heavy with the lingering toxicity of her mocking remarks. He wanted to be alone because being with her he felt suffocating. He wanted to curl up into a ball and hide himself from everyone.Taehyung never thought that hearing these words from someone's mouth would hurt him so much even though he knew it was true.

Yes and that was true, to jeongguk, he was nothing but his brother's ex-boyfriend, his duty to his family, a sympathetic person.He was aware of it,but he thought so low of him.. Pity...he didn't want pity he just wanted trust, he wanted someone to stop him from falling apart,he wanted someone to understand him,he wanted Jeongguk to be that man..