12.

"I want to see you guys get married."

"Mom...." Jeongguk attracts everyone's attention as fixing his posture, he looked directly at his mother and continued...

"What do you mean by that?...And yes, just because you are sick doesn't mean anything will happen to you, there are doctors who will definitely make you well...And mmh..about marriage, forget about me, think about Taehyung, how hard it is for him. Then one after the other...he needs time mom, don't push everything on him at once...."He calmly explained to his mother as Taehyung felt speechless at that.

Since then, everyone has only imposed their own decisions, their own thoughts, their own opinions on taehyung, no one has thought about his thoughts, his state of mind except Jeongguk.

Rather, even as his mother expresses such wishes to him because of her illness, he argues with his mother on his behalf. Jeongguk thinks about him so much, he cares about him so much...

That he didn't notice before.

Even standing where everyone is telling him to forget Jungkook...Jeongguk, who only assures him that he will help him find Jungkook and get back to him.

If he can do so much, why not him?..Even so, he has to get married one day or the other, so as soon as the marriage and Mrs.jeon's health are on the mend, they can focus more on finding jungkook.

"Mmm..I'm ready."as soon as taehyung said that, a strange silence fell in the room as mrs jeon smiled softly.

"What?.."Jeongguk, who had been arguing with his mother, suddenly looked at her in surprise upon hearing this statement.

"If aunty wants that...I agree to marry, but you have to get well soon aunty.." Taehyung warmly smile as he lowered his head and held her hand tightly..

"Learn something from him gguk how to take care of mother...what will you say now" Mrs.jeon teasingly said to Jeongguk as he  huffed and turned his face to the other side.

"If tae doesn't have a problem, I don't... " He left the room saying he was going to talk to the doctor...

Once outside the room, jeongguk lips curled upward,but his eyes remain cold, the look screamed as if he waited years to listen those words as he took out his phone, called someone and headed towards the chamber of the particular doctor who was treating his mother.

_____

At 8 a.m, South Korea's number one cardiologist, Dr. Lee Sun-ho, arrived for his shift. He first examined all his patients and came to his chamber looking at the reports of his other patients over coffee...

When someone entered his chamber without his permission and before he could say anything, the person came straight and sat down on the chair, seeing him Dr. Lee left his chair and stood up.

"Mr. J-jeon...d-did something go wrong?" Dr. Lee asked with a shaky voice

"Why are you standing, Doc? Sit down..sit down.."With the same cold face he took the paper weight on the table and started playing with it....

He swallowed hard and felt the sweat forming on his forehead as he looked at the paperweights that were constantly twirling through Jeongguk's fingers.

"I-i did as yo....." Doctor's phone suddenly buzzed, making Jeongguk stop his movements as he furrowed his brows and gestured him to look at the phone..

Dr.lee quickly picked up his phone with trembling hands, a message caught his eye and after checking it he looked at him with wide eyes.

"Mr.je-jeon... it say-s that this hospital is mine n-now.."

Jeongguk got up from his chair and walked towards the doctor, brushing his white coat with his hand as he said "You know Doc....Married couples are given gifts but since the wedding is happening because of you..I gave you the gift instead."

Dr.lee uttered the word "marriage" in surprise in her dry voice, but no words came out of his mouth. But before that Jeongguk stepped back..

"And if you make a mistake and open your mouth in front of someone....I can take away from you as I have given to you.." His tone was harsh cold, as if it wasn't warring he would definitely do that..

With that Jeongguk left from there, as Dr.lee sighed in relief and sat down in the chair. He closed his eyes and exhaled, feeling a bit calm he looked at the paperweight that Jeongguk was playing with

"How can someone play with his mother's health like this..."

Flash back...

"Is there something serious?" Jeongguk asked...

After bringing him to the hospital the doctor examined him, after getting all the reports, he was reading them.

"No, I don't see anything serious, only sometimes heart patients have slight chest pain and shortness of breath during medication after an attack.There is nothing to fear Mr.jeon, I have given an injection so that by tomorrow she will feel better..." Dr.lee reassured him and extended the report file in his hand to Jeongguk as he took the file in his hand and muttered "hmm" as if he was preoccupied with other thoughts.

"Then...you have to make it serious doc.."

"What?...what are you saying Mr.jeon?" he confusingly stare at him

"Soo you don't understand?..Come on then I explain, you will make a wrong report where it says mother's health is very serious, drama or movie show that if patient is not better in two days there is possibility of death, something.You will make a report just like that.."He explained to him as Dr.lee widened his eyes in disbelief but Jeongguk nodded his head confirming that he had heard him correctly.

"It's illegal...Mr.jeon I can't d....."

"You know Dr.lee, these days it is very much in the news that....doctors are killing patients with wrong medicine or giving wrong treatment, getting their license revoked, going to jail. What if such breaking news comes from this hospital tomorrow in the news..." jeongguk cut him

Lee Sun-ho, a renowned heart doctor who has never compromised the health of his patients throughout his career, never thought he would be asked to do such a job today.If Jeongguk does, it will ruin all his career.And he can't let his whole life's work go in vain.

But how does he give up his morality?

"You can't do that Mr.jeon..."but cut him again,Jeongguk started laughing manically listening to older's word making the latter confused. He don't know what he said to make him laugh so hysterically..

"But i can....this hospital comes under our Jeon corporation.Everything happens here at the tip of our fingers. So answer carefully....Dr.lee" Jeongguk looked at Dr.lee with murderous look,as the latter gulped his saliva to wet his dry throat.

"Why would you want to do that with your mother's report?"he asked him curiously in a small voice

"It's none of your business, you just answer me yes or no?"He ignored his question...

What will Dr.lee do in such a situation?..He is helpless

With a deep breath he said"Yes..." as Dr.lee agreed to make a false report

Flash back end.....

_______

Continued...

Share your opinion about this chapter with me....

Sarangheyo 💜