chapter 13

─── ⋆⋅❈⋅⋆ ───

─── ⋆⋅❈⋅⋆ ───

The atmosphere within the plane settled into a serene hush, with the occasional whispers of passengers. Taehyung, seeking solace from the impending business endeavours, closed his eyes with a relieved sigh. Jungkook, a few seats away, lingered in the realm of silence.

The peace was fragile, and he wasn't in the mood for the continued dance of flirtation and seduction that often accompanied Jungkook. He seriously needed a good nap before confronting the challenges that lay ahead. Two weeks of navigating this delicate dance awaited him, and he braced himself for the intricate steps.

"Study the file; it's crucial for our first meeting," Taehyung instructed as Jungkook approached, clad in a blue tee and white full pants, the casual attire belying the serious nature of their mission.

"We just reached you, Mr. Kim. Let me rest a little, at least," Jungkook replied, his tone conveying a clear aversion to serious discussions.

Taehyung bit his lip, suppressing the frustration that threatened to surface. They weren't on a vacation; a significant business deal awaited them. "Regardless, I won't tolerate any mistakes from you in our first meeting," Taehyung asserted, his voice adopting the stern professionalism of a strict CEO.

Jungkook pouted in response, a gesture met with Taehyung's unwavering gaze. The tension between them, a delicate interplay of authority and resistance, underscored the complexities that defined their relationship.

As they reached the car, they were welcomed by Mr. Pattinson's personal assistant, a figure of formality and efficiency. The exchange of pleasantries was brief, and soon they found themselves seated in a luxurious car, with the assistant at the front passenger seat, ready to navigate them to their temporary residence.

The car glided through unfamiliar streets, the cityscape evolving outside the windows. Taehyung and Jungkook, sharing the back seat, were on the precipice of uncharted territories—both in their professional venture and the nuances of their personal dynamic.

 Taehyung and Jungkook, sharing the back seat, were on the precipice of uncharted territories—both in their professional venture and the nuances of their personal dynamic

The bright light spilled through the expansive wall-size windows, casting a warm glow on Jungkook, who stood in the midst of the room, looking nothing short of adorable. Taehyung's gaze lingered on him, a silent appreciation for the way the light accentuated every contour.