chapter 7

─── ⋆⋅❈⋅⋆ ───

─── ⋆⋅❈⋅⋆ ───

Taehyung sighed, ending the call that conveyed the news of a significant collaboration with Jeon Technologies. The project, looming large after one and a half months of the wedding, held a crucial position, and Taehyung had just learned that Jungkook would lead it from their side.

"Mr. Kim, I know how important the project is, and believe me, he would do better working under your guidance." Mr. Jeon's words echoed in Taehyung's mind, words that felt unsettling to the seasoned businessman.

Inhaling from a cancer stick, Taehyung blew smoke out the open window, watching the city's bustling cars below.

A knock at the door interrupted his thoughts, and he granted permission for entry. Jungkook stepped in, a mischievous smile playing on his lips and his eyes twinkling with a familiar mischief. In his hands, a grey file held the details of the impending project.

Taehyung observed that Jungkook's hands bore no ink, the tattoos hidden once again. Clad in a black suit, hair neatly set back with gel, Jungkook seemed to be on a mission to project a manly facade, concealing his true identity. Taehyung, with simmering frustration, disdained the societal fear that led individuals to mask their authenticity.

Jungkook's bow carried a graceful touch of respect, but the underlying mischief in his words revealed a subtle challenge. "I'm genuinely thrilled to shed my blood and sweat under you, Mr. Kim," he declared, standing tall with a smug grin that radiated satisfaction, fully aware of the rise he had elicited from Taehyung.

The atmosphere in the room seemed to grow more charged, and Jungkook, with his defiant stance, looked undeniably attractive in Taehyung's irritated gaze.

Taehyung's response was a stern warning, delivered with a voice that cut through the air. "If you want to work with me, you have to behave, Jeon." He crushed the remnants of a cancer stick beneath his shoes, settling into his chair with a steely gaze locked on Jungkook.

Unfazed, Jungkook asserted his commitment: "I will, Mr. Kim. If I don't, you have my full liberty to make me behave however you want," his tone unwavering.

A sigh escaped Taehyung's lips as he ran a hand through his hair, contemplating the best approach with the stubborn individual before him. It seemed a stricter strategy might be necessary.

"Take a seat and show me the file," Taehyung commanded, adopting a tone that emphasised authority, even though Jungkook wasn't his employee. It was a deliberate move to set clear boundaries.

"Yes, sir," Jungkook acquiesced, taking his place before Taehyung.

Taehyung's frown deepened at the address. "Mr. Kim is fine," he asserted firmly, accepting the file from Jungkook.

Jungkook, ever perceptive, maintained a playful smirk, keenly observing every nuanced shift in the evolving dynamics. His attention remained fixated on Taehyung, introducing a teasing note with a playful remark, "So, you have sir kink."