chapter 6

─── ⋆⋅❈⋅⋆ ───

─── ⋆⋅❈⋅⋆ ───

Taehyung, clad in white half-pyjamas and a matching tee with the brand name boldly emblazoned in red on the chest, entered the kitchen. His jet-black hair cascaded down, hiding the nape of his neck, while half of it was elegantly tied in a ponytail. The big black glasses perched on his nose completed his relaxed yet stylish appearance.

Bare feet moved freely across the kitchen floor, a reflection of the laid-back atmosphere on this holiday. A deep sigh escaped him as he swung open the large refrigerator, revealing a stark emptiness except for a lone milk package, scattered fruits, juice cans, and vitamin drinks. The realisation of the one-month-old couple's unfamiliarity with house chores settled in. Taehyung, anticipating a hearty breakfast, felt a pang of disappointment.

The lines on his forehead eased, replaced by a sense of relief as a sweet and soothing scent wafted towards him. Turning around, he beheld Jungkook in a mustard sweater, its full sleeves concealing half of the younger man's fingers. Jungkook's black hair, a departure from his usual slicked-back style, now spreads freely on his forehead.

"Good morning, dad," Jungkook greeted, emphasising the 'dad' oddly, a sweet smile playing on his lips. Taehyung sensed the subtle provocation in Jungkook's tone, an attempt to incite a reaction.

Settling into a chair with a resigned sigh, Taehyung muttered, "Don't call me dad," the phrase sounding strangely unfamiliar and uncomfortable for reasons unknown.

Jungkook smirked, chewing his inner cheek in amusement, and nonchalantly took his place at the table. His fingers traced through his own hair, a tactile echo of the memory of Taehyung's soothing touch. The room hung in a charged stillness, tension building like a storm on the horizon.

"How about Daddy?" Jungkook's voice, a low murmur, lingered in the air, each word almost a moan, teasing and provocative. His dark and mischievous eyes traced the visible veins on Taehyung's hand, a subtle exploration of the man before him.

Taehyung, momentarily distracted, found himself captivated by the inked beauty of Jungkook's arm. The craftsmanship, hidden beneath makeup until now, unfolded before Taehyung's eyes. A silent question lingered: why had Jungkook concealed this artistry?

Leaning back in his chair, Taehyung closed his eyes, a facade of nonchalance masking the currents beneath. "I told you already, I'm not gay. Stop wasting your cheap flirting skills, son-in-law," he asserted, dismissing the playful banter.

Undeterred, Jungkook pressed on, exploring the boundaries with an edge of defiance. "Isn't calling me son-in-law wasting too much of your time? How about my baby or my boy? Or simply my name?" Jungkook's eyes fixed on Taehyung's sharp jawline, fingers yearning to roam.

Taehyung remained unresponsive, his face devoid of emotion. Jungkook, persistent, scrunched his nose in frustration.

"You seem hungry, Mr. Kim. With what can I please your morning?" Jungkook inquired, a hint of temptation still present in his voice.