iv. amplification

Depuis le début

Deaton didn't seem to mind.

However, her freak-out was then put on hold as two people walked into the room she was in. Asher stops her pacing and stared at the boys with a blank expression.

"Uh, Deaton told us to wait back here for him." Scott said awkwardly.

Asher squinted at them. Sure, she had to deal with them now that the band was back together and had to get Lydia, but that doesn't mean she's over it. Asher holds grudges. 

She was especially holding one against Stiles. Who pisses her off enough on a daily basis, yet still decided to be a prick about her control and anger.

She wasn't really holding that much of a grudge against Scott. He didn't really do much, but he had agreed with Stiles' hurtful words, and it struck a nerve within Asher. Scott always understood her. But then he turned his back because she got a bit angry? (She was still angry, not going to lie to you all.) It hurt her, is all.

Stiles nods beside his best friend. "Yep."

Asher rolled her eyes. "Does it look like I care?"

Scott pursed his lips before he let out a sigh. "Right, well..."

No one said anything. Not until Doctor Deaton into the back, causing the boys to turn and face him, backing closer to Asher. The older man raised an eyebrow as his eyes racked across the teenagers.

"Everything okay in here?" He wondered.

Asher shrugged. "Depends. I might be too unstable to be here with you guys."

Deaton furrowed his brows.

Stiles nods, eyes narrowing as he looked back at Asher. "Really?"

Scott simply muttered under his breath and shook his head.

The were-lion shrugged once more. "Well, we've got to be on the same page, right? Make sure that I'm not gonna head off to commit a bit of murder while there's more important things, hmm? Just checking that I won't lose it and slice everyone's throats as people are in danger and I need to keep myself in check?" She spoke in a tone that displayed nothing but pure curiosity and a bit of fear.

Was she being passive-aggressive? Absolutely. Zero shame.

The veterinarian looked at her in confusion. "What?"

Stiles set his jaw and shook his head. "Nothing. Thought we were past that."

"Nah, I'm pretty good at being demeaning towards people that act like dicks." Asher says cooly.

Scott groans. "Can we talk about this later? Or yell about this later? Hell, I don't care if you figure out a fair way to fight it out, but right now we need to focus on something else, please."

Asher rolled her eyes.

The were-wolf took that as a yes. He grabbed Stiles' arm and pulled him to the other side of the table where they planted themselves next to Asher, so they could give Deaton their undivided attention.

Deaton took a second to move past whatever that was about. He blinked a few times before releasing a breath and stepping forward. "Now, what I'm about to show isn't supposed to exist."

Asher finally noticed the manilla envelope in his hands. "Illegal activity? We're pretty used to that."

The Doctor didn't respond. Instead, he opened the envelope and pulled out its contents. Some photos. Like, a pretty big stack of them.

That doesn't soothe the twisting in Asher's gut at all.

He places one down on the table. "This is the only surviving evidence of Dr. Valack's time as Chief Medical Officer of Eichen House." The man explains.