vi. required reading

" I hate the Dread Doctors

" I hate the Dread Doctors. "

»»———-  ———-««

"I'm gonna come at you, Lyds." Asher nodded. "Get ready to block me."

The girls were in Asher's backyard, once she cleared them enough space, as they worked on Lydia's fighting.

"Don't think, just do." Asher added.

Lydia dropped her fists and gave her girlfriend a blank stare. "Did you just quote Top Gun to me?"

Asher shrugged. "Maybe a little."

The redhead chuckled, putting her fists back up.

Asher went to punch her, but Lydia shoved her fist away. Trying to catch her off guard, Asher instantly sent another one and she got blocked again. Asher twisted her body to go and kick Lydia, but it got blocked again.

"Alright, arms up." Asher said.

Lydia complied, doing it a bit dramatically for shits and giggles. Asher rolled her eyes fondly.

"With your arms up, you can block attacks to your face and head while still watching your opponent." Asher explained. Lydia nodded at this with her eyes widened a little as she listened closely. "Ready?"

Lydia nodded again.

Asher darted forward, her fist flying towards Lydia. Getting her wrist swiped to the side, Asher took a step back. She then attempted to use her other hand to punch Lydia, but she just blocked it again. Asher smirked slightly at her girlfriends progress, but she knew better than to think she couldn't get her.

Watching her intently, Asher moved to kick her, but pulled back last minute. Not expecting this, Lydia went to block a kick when a Asher's fist lightly tapped her cheek.

Lydia groaned and dropped her arms in frustration.

"It's okay, Lydia." Asher watched her walk to where their water bottles sat on the back porch. "You can't be perfect after a few practices. You know that."

Lydia leaned on the banister of the porch, now up the steps. She took a sip of water. "I'm okay. Let's keep going." She put her water bottle back down and made her way over to Asher again.

Asher raised an eyebrow.

"I'm sure, Ash." Lydia rolled her eyes. "Why are you looking at me like that?"