The Beginning of a Storm

Like the usual daily routine, we continue like any other.

For the morning greetings, as school and classes began, it was like this: [Kiritsu] Stand. [Rei] Bow. ["Ohayo Gozaimasu"] Good-Morning. [Chakuseiki] Sit.And in the afternoons, during the school day, as classes began, it was like this: [Kiritsu] Stand. [Rei] Bow. [Konbanwa] Good-Afternoon. [Chakuseiki] Sit.

To be honest though, even if I am second year at this school, I still sometimes get these morning and afternoon greetings mixed up. Then again, maybe its just me. I mean, I do have that bad habit of forgetting things. I guess you could say that I'm "different" from the rest. And maybe I just am.

Hanamura Shiori, 16 years old. Nice to meet you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

By the time the last class bell rang, it was already 2:10 P.M. in the afternoon. If you gave it a couple more seconds, it wouldn't be long until you'd see a bunch of students from all grades come out of their classrooms to hurry onto their club activities or sport practices. I, on the other hand, didn't really have anything to do like that when school ended for the day. However, it would all depend on the things that were going on around me. On some days, I would stay after school to study. And on other days, I would just stick around. It would all just depend. Otherwise, the only times that I would actually have to stay behind would be the days when I'm assigned cleaning duty with someone (Although I'm really happy that I'm not doing it by myself). That and maybe some other trivial things related to school.

The only things that did happen to weigh me down were the required classes that happen during the school hours. In order to get into a well-known college or university, I'd need to get through my high school years first. All I wanted was a clear history and no trouble. Though sometimes, just thinking about that stuff gave me shivers. ꒰˘̩̩̩⌣˘̩̩̩๑꒱

Sighing, I picked up all my things and began to head out. Since I really didn't have any reason to stay today (like usual), I decided that I would just waste my time on a long stroll home. Yeap, that was the plan alright.

The school that I attend to was called "Meiou Private High School". Apparently from what I've heard, this school originally used to be an all boys school. That is, until up about recently, 3 years ago to be exact, that this school suddenly became a coo-ed for both female and male students. Clearly I wouldn't know why, but that's what I know about the school so far. Overall, this school is a pretty nice place. Prestigious, very high costing, and troublesome, but it's alright.

Here in Meiou, since it is a private school, our uniform consists of a few different colors. The colors consist of maroon, a hint of gold, black, grey, and some white.

For the females, it's usually a maroon blazer with a golden trim at the collar, a white long (or short) sleeve button up shirt inside, a matching dark maroon uniform skirt that's about knee length (unless you're one of the girls who roll them to make it shorter (๑ơ ₃ ơ)), long black socks that are slightly below or over your knee, and some maroon colored school shoes. For the males, its kinda the same. They also have the maroon blazer with the gold trim at the collar, the white long (or short) sleeve button up shirt, and the black socks (ankle length only). However, instead of a skirt (well of course), they have the maroon colored slacks, and instead of the maroon colored school shoes, they have black. I guess its pretty fair. But those are the uniforms that students at the school "usually' have. I have a slightly different uniform.

My uniform consists of that usual maroon blazer (however instead of the ones with a gold trim, it's a completely black collar (*☌ᴗ☌)。*), the long black knee socks, the usual maroon school shoes, a grey long (or short) sleeve button up, and a completely black skirt uniform. I guess you can say that my uniform doesn't have that much of a difference, but I can definitely tell you that it stands out from the rest. Out of all the people in this school, there are only 3 people with this kind of uniform. That would also include me, being as one of those 3. But right now, those other 2 are somewhere else.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It wasn't until about 2 and a half, hours later that I happened to pick up on something interesting. While walking home, I happened to run into a group of "not-so-suspicious-looking" people. Well, rather than that, they 'appeared' normal to anyone passing by. To others, they'd be seen as a group of people who were just talking to each other casually. However, there was definitely something more than that. I guess you could say that I'm a strange girl, but I notice the things that others cannot see. The moment that I walked by, I noticed a faint, metallic scent surrounding them. A total of 5, all just standing there in a circle. And as I walked by, I noticed a pair of eyes dart in my direction, following my every step until I was completely out of their sight. I didn't look back, but for some reason, a reminder went off in my head.

Though in the end, I went home as if the day was just like any other. No problems to worry about, nothing like that stuff. However, during the time I wasn't home, I was out and about, trying to seek out a little bit of my own adventure. This 'adventure', which was actually just my very long stroll home. I took my time slowly. It probably would have killed me too, that 'adventure', if only I hadn't run into one of my very "well-known" classmate.

Welp. So it all began like this, you see. After passing by that group of 'people', I continued to wander around up until about 5:20. Somehow ended up going to the Main Square. (Technically, the Main Square was the shopping center where all the stores were.) I somehow landed in a book store. And as usual, it hadn't dawned on me that it was getting late. By the time I had finally left that bookstore, I hadn't realized how late it had gotten. By then, it was about... perhaps 7 something. It was also around this time too, that I accidentally bumped into 'him'.

I had been walking towards one of the exits of the main shopping area when I suddenly ran into this other person after taking a sharp turn on a corner. I ended up landing on my bum, kinda surprised. "Oof !", I recall saying.

The books that I had been holding in my arms were scattered around me as my eyes slowly focused on the person that I had bumped into. Scarlet hair.. Emerald green colored eyes. I was quickly taken back by the time I had realized who it was.

"S...Sorry !", I recall stuttering, trying to gather the scattered books which were all around me as fast as I could. "I... I didn't mean to do that....." I know this is sounds really funny, but the person I bumped into was someone that I guess I "knew". But in reality, he really was someone I knew, but it was just that he was also someone that I just completely avoided. Not that I hated him or anything. Just. He was too quick to move though, which made things very difficult for me to avoid.

Hovering above me, I could only see a hand that reached out to help me up. And like an idiot, I reached out for it. Hopefully he wouldn't remember my face.

|| A Bouquet of Red and White Roses || [Yu Yu Hakusho Fan-fic] {Edits}जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें