High In The Sky

The Christmas holidays came to an end and before Emma knew it, she was back at Hogwarts settling into the daily routine of the school; which of course also meant a regular pranking schedule for the quintet. By that, it is Implied that a pranking schedule for the triplets and Lee and Katie only accompanying them out of no choice and to make sure they don't fully cross any lines.

The five friends had gotten closer to each other and their bond only strengthened with each passing day. They fought with each other daily but any time someone dared to open their mouth to insult any one of the five, they made sure to make him or her regret that choice and to think a thousand times over before attempting it again. Most students found themselves envying the group of best friends and wanting a similar friend group.

The classes passed by the same as they did. Most of them boring the hell out of Fred, George, Emma and Lee. Emma was still pathetic as ever in Transfiguration and McGonagall now was almost on the verge of giving up on the girl. Surprisingly, Castor Malfoy was at the top of the Transfiguration class, thus making Emma dread even the thought of having to attend that class.

On the other hand, Emma was a natural at Potions. She was almost at the top of the class, close behind Cedric, who she knew she could never surpass without doubt. Cedric was brilliant at most things he did.

Speaking of, Emma and Cedric had become even closer than before. And now, Emma would proudly say that Cedric Diggory was one of her best friends. They spent a lot of time together, fooling around and talking about the most random things.

Emma loved the fact that she could be her normal, wild self with Cedric without being judged for even a second. She loved her friends and brothers but she wanted to be able to talk about act the way she wanted to.

And with Cedric, she could.

With Fred, George and Lee she refrained from talking about her interest in books, Potions and her dream of having a successful and ambitious future. She couldn't talk about how much she loved and was protective of her little brother Ron with them. She couldn't say how guilty she was of the spider prank that she and Fred and George had played on Ron.

But with Cedric, she could. Because he listened and never 'expressed his opinions' on anything she said. Because he understood her like no one ever did.

With Katie, she couldn't talk much about her wild, crazy, childish and immature ideas without being called wild, crazy, childish and immature by her.

But with Cedric, she could. With Cedric, she was free to be her actual and normal self and he would never want her to change. Emma knew it.

And that meant more to her than he guessed

"Why do you have practice, right now?" Emma whined as Cedric, dressed in his Hufflepuff Quidditch robes, dragged her to the Quidditch field with his broom in his other hand.

"Because Christopher scheduled it now" Cedric chuckled

"But I wanted to roam around the Black Lake" Ernma complained. "And in case you forgot, Mr. Seeker, you promised me you'd accompany me." She pouted.

"I'm sorry Ems" Cedric apologised. "Christopher scheduled the practice at the last minute. I didn't know about it yesterday."

Emma sighed. "Alright. I guess I could forgive you."

"Will you come see my practice, then?" Cedric asked with pleading eyes.

"Do I have to?" Emma asked.

"Oh, c'mon," Cedric said. "You love Quidditch. You take any chance you can get to talk about it or watch it or just be near it."