Christmas

After a tiring and fun snowball fight, the eight-first years, their clothes dripping wet, cheeks tinged with red from the cold and huge grins adorning their faces trudged back up to the castle, laughing and chatting animatedly.

"I would've gotten you earlier, had it not been for Alicia jumping right in front of you" Emma said.

"Suree" Cedric said grinning. "Not only you're extremely competitive, you're a sore loser as well, Weasley."

"Back on last name basis so soon?" Emma said. "I thought we'd last at least until the end of term."

"Enjoying my company, are you?" Cedric said nudging her shoulder.

"Nah, just calculated the days by when you'll realise that I'm way too good for you to befriend."

"And you thought I was narcissistic, obnoxious and arrogant."

"Are you suggesting, I'm one of those?" Emma gasped.

"Notaid, smirking. "I'm saying you're all of them."

"Diggory?" Emma said. "You've got five seconds to start running."

"What?"

"Five."

"You better run, Diggory" Fred grinned. "If you prefer staying in one piece."

"Four."

"But-"

"Three."

"Run Cedric," Angelina said, laughing.

"Two."

"Emma what's-"

"One. Too late."

Emma made to pounce on him but he quickly sped away from her.

"You're not gonna get far, Pretty boy," Emma said as she ran after him.

"Pretty boy?" Cedric called out to her. "Are you flirting with me, Emma?"

"You're making it worse" Emma warned, almost catching up to him. "Don't make me kill you. You know I won't hesitate for even a second."

"Oh, I know you won't be able to kill me" Cedric said, "You love me too much-"

"Better watch out!" Emma said and leapt upon his back.

To her surprise, Cedric didn't fall. He merely stumbled and caught her legs as her arms instantly wrapped around his neck.

"What?" He said turning sideways to look at her, smiling. "That's the best you got?"

"No," Emma said. "I-er- yes, I meant to that, duh" she amended quickly and of course he caught it, chuckling.

"That's your punishment."

"Oh, your punishment is killing me, Em," Cedric said dramatically. "Merlin! You're so heavy."

"Hey!" Emma slapped his head, lightly.

"I'm only joking Ems" Cedric sniggered. "You're as light as a feather. Where do you want to go?"

"Wherever you want" Erima replied.

"Alright, then," Cedric said. "I know a great place."

He went away from the group, both of them chatting as the rest of them stood there forgotten, watching the pair disappear around the corner.

"Is it just me, or there's a future couple there?" Angelina said, smiling.

"I see it too," Lee said, a smirk on his face.

"We all do," Katie said.

"Definitely" George agreed.

"The question is; when will they?"