The Letters

It had been a few months since, the triplets' eleventh birthday. Those few months hadn't been quiet in the Borrow, considering they had been graced with the presence of Fred, George, and Emma Weasley.

August was halfway through. The rainy days were mostly gone, with the sun sparkling brilliantly in the blue radiant sky. Dark gloomy clouds had given way to softer, fluffy white clouds lazily floating away with the summer air. Grasshoppers chirp away blissfully in the green grass. The dew drops on the blades shine like huge pearls underneath the sunlight,

The beautiful weather did little to improve the triplet's moods it contrasted that. Their minds were far too busy wondering about their future, to notice the beauty of nature the cause behind their furrowed brows was their delayed Hogwarts acceptance letter.

"It should've arrived by now' Emma whined. Their three, overflowing with mischief, heads growing restless as each day passed without any sign of the much-awaited letter.

"Tell me about it," George said. "I wonder what's taking them long."

Then suddenly his brown eyes widened like tennis balls. "They haven't forgotten about us, have they?" He asked.

"Oh, don't be ridiculous," Fred said. "And relax you both, it'll arrive" he added, surprisingly calmly.

"How come, I'm growing restless per passing second without the letter, and wanting to run off to Dumbledore's office to get it myself, while you are here sitting as if nothing bothers you in the world?" Emma asked. "If I recall correctly, it usually was the other way round. Because, unlike both of your immature minds, I know that cursing and thinking about it every moment of my life, won't make it arrive any easier" Fred said simply as if it was the most simple in the world.

"I'm impressed," George said. "Since when did you become the wise one?" He questioned

Fred's confident and relaxed smile faltered slightly.

"Since that time, I grew restless and did a harmless prank on Ginny that may or may not have broken her arm, and may or may not have caused mum to give me a huge smack" he replied in a very low voice. He knew he couldn't even try to lie to George and Emma, they were his other halves or quarters or whatever. They knew him all too well.

Emma burst into laughter, causing Fred to glare at her.

"You broke Ginny's arm?" George asked, amused.

"You deserved it, bro," Emma said slapping him on his back

"Oh shut up," he said, annoyed.

"Fred! George! Emma!" Molly called from below "Brbelowt!"

"Coming mum!" Emma called back.

They stepped out of the small but cozy room and walked down the spiraling staircase of the Burrow. The house appeared narrow from the side but was big enough for everybody. it could easily intrigue an outsider, and never fail to provide warmth to a guest.

The triplets reached the kitchen like any other day, their hearts filled with unwavering hope to finally get a glimpse of their due acceptance letter. Emma slouched down on a chair sitting in between Bill and Fred. She buried her head in her arms on the table, not feeling the urge to eat.

Noticing this in Emma, who was an obvious foodie, Bill's eyebrows knitted together in confusion. He gently stroked her back.

"Emma?" He said

"Hmm?" Was the muffled reply.

"Is everything okay?" He asked. Then, judging by the grumpy expression on her face, as she lifted her head, he concluded that it hadn't been a very wise thing to ask.