Bonding with Bestfriends

A few weeks had passed since Emme had arrived at Hogwarts. These days had helped her to determine all of her strengths and weaknesses. They more or less gave her an impression of her academic life in the next six years at Hogwarts. She had settled completely, and almost know her way around the castle. She was good at getting used to new places. Since, she came from a pureblood background, not that it mattered any other way, the moving portraits or the changing staircases were hardly any different for her. It affected Katie, though.

Emma was a natural at Potions. She could make a Potion quite well, even if she didn't put much effort, and since she did put effort, her Potions turned out to be perfect Snape never taunted her. She was the only Gryffindor, Snape wasn't cruel with. However, that didn't mean she was his favorite student. He just wasn't mean to her, but he never praised her. Sure, he had awarded five or ten points at times, but that was it. His only favorite was Castor Malfoy, god knew what he saw in him.

She was quite good at Transfigurations too. She could transfigure things very easily which awarded her many points from McGonagall.

The other subjects were Herbology, which Emma had a neutral opinion on. That wasn't such a tough subject. Astronomy didn't look like a subject at all, as it was neither boring nor hard. It was a simple discipline, and students were often relaxed when it was Astronomy. The practical lessons, were fun, actually, for Emma. History of Magic never failed to make her sleep. It was the only subject, taught by a ghost, and was boring. Flying lessons were of course fun, but Emma had never flown properly, without any limits. Not just in school, but even at home, her elder brothers and parents had never let her fly properly Defense was going on slowly and steadily. Emma had a neutral opinion on it, again.

In these weeks, Emma and Katie had gotten closer. They were easily best friends and were mostly inseparable. Fred and George, on the other hand, had chosen Lee as their best friend. On most occasions, Emma, Fred, George, Lee, and Katie, stayed together. They had formed their friend group, a quintet. Emma and Lee argued a lot but were friends Speaking of arguing, Lee had once pranked Emma and sure it had been a harmless prank, it hadn't been any less than the most entertaining live show ever, for Fred, George, and Katie, and the others who were fortunate enough to witness that...

Emma had come to the Great Hall with Katie and took her usual seat. Just as she took a sip of the goblet of water placed in front of her, she began blurting out her opinions on anything and everything, without caring about the fact whether it concerned her or not, and whether whatever she said came out as polite or not. Lee had mixed Veritaserum in her water, and he had cast a very very minor babbling curse, thus resulting in her speaking about everything and truthfully.

This lasted one whole day, including the time when she was in her classes. She had said quite a few things to Snape, Binns, and Quirrell, and had, in return, earned a few detentions. After twenty-four hours, it stopped, and then the major battle of Gryffindor common room, which took place in the same, between Lee and Emma, was surely an intriguing, and hilarious sight for those who saw it.

And, then, since Emma wasn't known for not retaliating, after a few nights of peaceful sleep for Lee, the revenge came in form of a bar of chocolate (without wrapper) under his pillow. The next morning his bed was swarming with ants, and every visible part of his body, swarming with rashes, caused by ant bites. Sure, it took, hardly a second to clean both of the messes, it had annoyed Lee a lot, and hence, Emma's purpose was fulfilled.

To avoid any further revenge, and incidents, Emma, persuaded by Katie, and Lee, persuaded by Fred and George, called a truce. So, no further pranks were played on either of them, even if they kept arguing, almost every day. Though they kept bantering at most times, they had become quite good friends (even if they wouldn't admit it, a  dandlandrtedly supported each other upon facing any bullies or enemies.