I Solemnly Swear I am up to no good

"We figured out how to work the Marauders' parchment"

Emma stared at the four of them slowly comprehending the statement.

"What?" She managed to ask

"We know how to properly open it" George said, grinning madly.

"And you will never guess what it actually is" Lee said, enthusiastically

Katie's lips were stretched into a huge smile.

"Well, what are you waiting for?" Emma said. The five of them quickly sped up the stairs to the boys' dormitory and entered Fred and George's dorm room. They perched atop Fred's bed as he brought out the parchment. "Alright" Fred said. "Since the four of us have already tested it more than once in your absence, you should do the honour this time."

"What do I have to do?" Emma asked, enthusiastically.

"Just tap you wand on the parchment and say, 'I solemnly swear that I am up to no good" Lee said

"Okay" Emma said, confused but intrigued. She tapped the parchment with her wand and said, "I solemnly swear that I am up to no good."

To her immense surprise and joy, words began appearing on the surface.

Messrs. Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot and Prongs

Purveyors of Aids to Magical Mischief Maker are proud to present

THE MARAUDERS' MAP

"The Marauders' map?" Emma repeated, the thrill of it all practically radiating off of her

"Open it" Katie urged

Emma reached out and flipped open the map, sprawling it out on the bed. It was huge and as it's name rightly suggested, was a complete map of Hogwarts. Not just that, it showed the whereabouts of every person in the castle.

Emma stared at the map, stunned beyond believe. Her lips parted slightly in utter amazement.

"Oh. My. Merlin.." She breathed out, her unblinking eyes roving over the parchment in admiration. She scanned it until she found the Gryffindor boys dormitory and sure enough, she spotted five dots labelled with their names respectively in their precise positions.

"Amazing, isn't it?" Fred and George said together

"It's bloody brilliant!" Emma exclaimed. "How on Earth did you manage to figure it out?"

"It was me" all of them said together, then proceeded to glare at each other.

Emma gave them a look. "It was me, Emma" Katie said, exasperatedly. "Don't listen to these dimwits."

"I believe you Kate" Emma smirked. "None of these have the potential or the brains to figure out something like this."

They gasped. "That it so not true" Lee said.

"Wanna bet?" Emma challenged.

"I could out prank you in a snap of my finger" Lee defended furiously.

"Then why don't you?" Emma said.

"That's 'cause we shouldn't turn against our friends" Lee said.

"Sureee" Emma drawled "Whatever helps you sleep at night, Jordan"

"Alright" Fred cut them off. "You can have your prank-off later, Katie get on with it."

"Right" Katie said. "So, we were huddled around this thing as usual and George, Fred and Lee were taking turns tapping it with their wands. Then I realized that there was this pattern in the way the 'Marauders' talked to these three and you. They were always hinting at something indirectly and using words like, 'solemnly, 'swear' and 'up to no good**