"I saw at least five vampires go down. They're taking them to your family's old building." Alaric informed them.
"It's the Gilbert device, it has to be." Stefan declared
"But how did he get it to work? Bonnie unspelled it." Elena recalled
"Maybe she didn't." Alaric shrugged
"She did, we saw her do it!" Aurora defended her friend.

"No, no, no, he's right. Think about it. We asked Bonnie to deactivate a device that could protect people against vampires." Stefan continued
"So we could protect you," Elena concluded confused.
"And Damon. Vampires. Where is Damon?" Stefan questioned
"I don't know. I haven't see him since this started." Alaric confessed
"Can you get my brother, take him home?" Elena asked Alaric who agreed and the three friends went to find Damon as they searched Stefan stopped using his vamp hearing to listen.

"Wait, wait, wait, I can hear them. The building is on fire." Stefan acknowledged
"What?" Elena questioned concerned
"The building's on fire!" Stefan exclaimed causing them to head over to the building only for them to see John.
"Where is Damon?" Elena ordered
"With the rest of them, where he should be. It's over for Damon." John dismissed the girl
"You're crazy!" Aurora scoffed
"Why? Because I'm doing what should have been done a hundred and forty five years ago? This is the right thing, Rory."

Stefan glances at the building causing John to look at him.
"Go ahead, you won't make it out. It'll save me the trouble of killing you myself." John remarks causing Stefan to glance at the Elena.
"You know the building well, is there another way in?" Stefan wondered

"Utility door, there's one around the side." Elena informed the boy causing Stefan to go towards the building, Aurora hot on his heels but as they reach the emergency door Bonnie arrives.
"Hey, you can't go in there!" Bonnie exclaims as Stefan opens the door.
"The fire will take you out," Bonnie informs the boy
"He's my brother, Bonnie!" Stefan exasperates before going into the building, he tries to open the basement door but the doorknob is too hot. Suddenly Elena shows up and the two girls try and help Stefan, but Bonnie stops them.
"You can't go in there," Bonnie dismisses them.

"Bonnie, what are you doing?" Aurora questioned
"I'm sorry I lied to you." Bonnie apologized before she catches Elena and Aurora arms before she closes her eyes, beginning to recite a spell.

"Ex spiritum intacullum, in terrum incendium, fes matos salvis adisdum!" Bonnie chants and suddenly Stefan can finally open the door but the fire is too large. Suddenly, the flames diminish, thanks to Bonnie's spell. Stefan goes into the basement.
"Bonnie...Bonnie, what is it? Are they gonna be okay?" Elena questioned as Bonnie finishes her spell and looks up at the girls. Suddenly, Stefan and Damon come out of the building and Elena runs towards Stefan while Aurora runs towards Damon the two girls help the boys away from the burning building as they comfort them while they regain their breath.

Damon ended up vanishing and was no where to be found where Aurora decided to go to the hospital to check up on her friends as Caroline, Tyler and Matt had been in a car wreck during the device incident.

Once she entered the hospital she immediately caught sight of Matt causing her to head over as he sat outside Caroline's room.
"Hey, how's Care doing?" Aurora questioned sitting down next to the boy on the bench.
"She's not good, Rory." Matt admitted causing Aurora stomach to twist with worry.
"What happened?" Aurora asked curiously.
"We were driving and Tyler heard this noise and he got..." Matt trailed off in explanation as Aurora cut him off confused.
"A noise?" Aurora wondered making Matt nod.
"He got this migraine or something and he lost control of the car and...I thought that Caroline was fine and then...and then she wasn't so..." Matt finished making Aurora rub his arm in comfort as she spotted Damon walk away from Liz causing her to excuse herself and walk over.