二十: her history

The dim light of the library cast long shadows as Kakashi meticulously combed through dusty volumes, searching for any information on the Ishikawa clan. Finally, he stumbled upon a weathered tome, its pages yellowed with age. "Ishikawa"

As Kakashi leafed through the pages, a faded photograph slipped out from between the ancient sheets. It depicted a serene scene of shrine with a group of people lined up at the front of it, and on its back was a handwritten note –

"
Ishikawa clan at the shrine, Yukigakure.
78°14S 166°20E
"

"Bingo,"

Intrigued, Kakashi stormed to the Hokage's office. Minato was alerted when Kakashi came barging in, "What is the matter, Kakashi?"

"I found the Ishikawa shrine. It is in Yukigakure, in the valley of rocks. Look, this is the picture," Kakashi passed the picture to Minato, he carefully examined it. "Good, we must go there to retrieve more information on the Ishikawa. Set out with Anko and Guy tomorrow, they're available."
.
.
Following the coordinates, Kakashi teamed up with Guy and Anko walked on foot towards Yukigakure. After two weeks of endless rerouting and fending off criminals on their journey, they found themselves standing before the Ishikawa shrine, exuding an aura of ancient wisdom.

"It seems like a perfect place to walk on hands, Kakashi," Guy swung his arms onto Kakashi's shoulder, giving him a thumbs up and started walking up a terrifying amount of flights of stairs. With his palm on the ground and legs in the air.

Anko and Kakashi follow suit, walking normally. "He and his never-old antics," Anko shook her head.

There is a garden outside of the shrine, with overgrown patches of dandelions and bushes of bougainvillea. Shades of pink, yellow and blue bloomed under the sunlight. They walked through the threshold into the building. As Kakashi explored the shrine, Guy and Anko flanked him on either side, their footsteps echoing in the quiet sanctuary.

Suddenly, the tranquility was shattered as the wooden entrance creaked open, revealing a figure entering without any apparent hesitation. A man of old age holding a walking stick, appeared from the shadows, his eyes narrowing in displeasure.

"Who dares enter the Ishikawa shrine without permission?" Fumiji's voice carried a stern authority, and his gaze bore into the intruder.

"We meant no harm. We are shinobis from the Leaf and we want to know more about the Ishikawa clan, especially the case of Akemi Hyuga. She is our comrade." Kakashi held his hand out.

The expression on Fumiji's face softened, "Akemi," Fumiji muttered, his tone shifting from anger to a mix of surprise and realization. "You mentioned Akemi."

Kakashi nodded, recognizing that the name held a significant weight in Fumiji's heart. "Yes. We're here seeking information about Akemi and her connection to the Ishikawa clan. May I know your name and your relation to Akemi?"

Fumiji sighed, as if the mention of Akemi brought forth a flood of memories. "I am Fumiji Ishikawa, the last Ishikawa in Yugikagure. Akemi is my granddaughter, the child of my daughter, Tara Ishikawa. Come, let us talk. I'll share what I know."

"This old hag sure has a booming voice considering his age." Anko huffed, rubbing her temple.

"He has the power of youth!" Guy flashed his signature smile before scurried off to Fumiji's side.

As they settled into a chamber adorned with ancient artifacts, Fumiji recounted the tale of the Ishikawa clan. "Tara was married to Hiashi Hyuga when she was 21. They married out of love. Tara first met Hiashi when she went into Konoha for a mission and she decided to stay there with Hiashi."